Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

784 Upgrade fuel injectors

63K views 192 replies 71 participants last post by  VerduTJ89 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am selling sets of 6 4-port "upgrade" fuel injectors for '99+ XJs. Part number is 0 280 155 784. This is the most popular upgrade injector for a Jeep Cherokee 4.0. These are typically called the "Neon injectors" but they come from a wide range of Dodge/Chrysler cars and mini-vans.

The advantages of upgrading to these injectors is they use a 4-port fuel delivery as opposed to the single port of stock XJ injectors and this provides a more atomized fuel delivery which results in quicker starts, a smoother idle and better throttle response and acceleration.

I have completely disassembled, soaked, flushed and electronically tested these injectors. I have installed new micro-filters in the tops and put on new o-rings. I reuse the plastic pintle caps on the tips but clean then completely and make sure they have no cracks or chips.

I am asking $70 shipped per set. I can accept PayPal or a money order by mail. I am located in Maryland. If you have any questions about the upgrade or about injectors in general please do not hesitate to send me a PM. Although this is my first ad on this forum I have been selling them actively for years online.

See less See more
#3 ·
Its a pretty simple swap out if you have even the most basic home mechanic skills and tools. I can do it in 15 minutes if I want but I've done it 50 times. :p There are a number of step-by-step threads online about it and 100's of threads on the injector upgrade in general. Here's a pretty long detailed thread off the Aussie OffRoad site..

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92236

#4 ·
hey buddy pm me your address..as of last time we spoke on the other site I was in a struggle now i caught up on the b.s. lol ill be able to send you some thing on or after the 17th is this ok?

#12 ·
Hello all. Just got back to this and found that for some reason I wasn't getting e-mail notifications when someone replied to my post or sent me a private message. I have some sets of 784's ready to go at this time if anyone is interested. Completely cleaned, reverse flushed, tested 2 ways and rebuilt with new o-rings and micro-filters in the tops. $70 shipped. I am in central Maryland.

#27 ·
They are for a 4.0 I6 yes. The main reason for the fuel injector upgrade is that the Neon injectors are a 4 port or 4 hole design instead of the single port of stock injectors. This allows the fuel to be delivered in a more atomized manner which gives you a smoother burn. You get a smoother idle. Quicker starts and a better throttle response and acceleration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.