Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

784 Upgrade fuel injectors

63K views 192 replies 71 participants last post by  VerduTJ89 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am selling sets of 6 4-port "upgrade" fuel injectors for '99+ XJs. Part number is 0 280 155 784. This is the most popular upgrade injector for a Jeep Cherokee 4.0. These are typically called the "Neon injectors" but they come from a wide range of Dodge/Chrysler cars and mini-vans.

The advantages of upgrading to these injectors is they use a 4-port fuel delivery as opposed to the single port of stock XJ injectors and this provides a more atomized fuel delivery which results in quicker starts, a smoother idle and better throttle response and acceleration.

I have completely disassembled, soaked, flushed and electronically tested these injectors. I have installed new micro-filters in the tops and put on new o-rings. I reuse the plastic pintle caps on the tips but clean then completely and make sure they have no cracks or chips.

I am asking $70 shipped per set. I can accept PayPal or a money order by mail. I am located in Maryland. If you have any questions about the upgrade or about injectors in general please do not hesitate to send me a PM. Although this is my first ad on this forum I have been selling them actively for years online.

See less See more
#55 ·
I put mine on about a month ago and it was the 703's cause i have a 98. So far i gained maybe 1 mpg and decently better throttle response and runs a lot smoother. But when u take your old ones off and see the one port u will see why the improvement are possible with 4 port holes. I also have a tb spacer, tb bore, short ram, ss headers, cat delete, flowmaster, and i still gotta a little more gain good luck its worth, especially when its 30-40 a peice for a new injector oem 1 port. Also remember the first injector u take off has 40 lbs of pressure on it. Use pliers and point the rail away from your face!!!

#71 ·
I should have updated this a while ago... I got mine 2 months ago from Programbo- super helpful and fast shipping. They popped in the rail no problem and I can tell the idle is smoother along with power delivery. Great upgrade for the price.

Just be sure to get all the injectors plugged back in correctly... otherwise you have to figure whats going on with the bad idle. :D I should have labeled the wires... a tip for others.

#72 ·
Are you still selling these? I need a set for my 99 xj.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.