Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Rock Sliders

7K views 43 replies 11 participants last post by  Gluckmysock 
#1 ·
Yep, Custom made XJ rock sliders

2x6 .25 square tubing
2" round schedule 40 round tubing
65" long. Must be welded in, in place of rockers.
Very Heavy Duty
$400.00

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
Is that the only set you will have?

I have a problem. My rockers are being eaten alive by our good friend, Mr. Rust. It's also taking it's toll on my lower doors. I have a choice of finding another xj and swapping stuff over OR tear out the rockers and replace the doors.

So my question is will your welder be willing to weld those in my jeep (or you?) and if so, what kind of labor cost am I looking at? I'm willing to hand over my JCR bolt-on rockers for a reduced price kind-of-swap if you/he wants em.

#6 ·
Sounds awesome, looks awesome, probably are awesome, but can you just send me the build plans and dimensions? lol.

#7 ·
Sorry, the "plans" are in the welders head. I ain't going there!

#8 ·
Just take some measurements on your set... :rolleyes:

#9 ·
Ok they are 65" long, but if you are making your own, you can adjust this. The ends are cut on about a 22° angle. The 2" pipe is attached to the 2x6 with 3, 1.25" OD pipe standoffs. The 2" pipe ends are bent on a 90° angle, but the angles are cut at the 2" mark lengthwise to mount flush with the square tubing. Let me know if you need more pics or measurements

#10 ·
Thankyou buddy.

#19 ·
I think every vehicle that's wheeled should have sliders. Mine have saved me many times and I've been with a few guys that didn't have sliders but suffered rock damage because of it

#24 ·
It's not like I didn't get the idea and design from someone else who was trying to make money. If someone wants to copy them, so be it. :cheers:

I'm glad people like them enough to want to copy! :beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.