Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Jeep Cherokee OEM battery

11K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  mudboggar45 
#1 ·
Who's battery lasted the longest??? My 01' Cherokee is still on the OEM. Pure magic as far as I'm concerned. Especially after the amount of times that my Cherokee has been airborne.

#6 ·
Im with Kyle. Jeeps an 01 and on my 4th battery

#7 ·
Uhh...i never looked at my battery yet...:rofl:

#16 ·
I have the sounnd system and all the lights, probably a factor

#29 ·
kinda an old post but this was something I was shocked by last month.
I finally killed my battery after the jeep sitting broke down in NC ( I live in MD) for a month and then another month in PA after I towed it to my moms until I could fix it.
when I pulled the battery out I was shocked to se that my battery was the factory original battery from when my heep was produced in oct 1998 (its a 99) it only has 94k miles on it but the 10 years seems to be a pretty long time I thought for a 500 amp battery.
I was gonna go optima until I read how horrible their warranty is, especially their pro-rate charges. instead I went with a stock replacement walmart one for 65 bux and 3 years free replacement.

#31 ·
I just changed my battery in my Monte Carlo right before winter, and that was factory from 2001, and I just got worried about it being that old. Sometime they just make a good one. Now if they can only figure out a way to do that to all of them....

#33 ·
optima LIFETIME guarantee.
you sure bout that one. I hear the warranty sucks and teh prorate is horrible. somewhere in the range of 7 bux a month after the first 2 years

#34 ·
Yep. I got an optima red top in a larger size for my XJ. Its helps more with the lighting and the sounds system i have on it. I bought optima deep cell that's rated at 1500 cracking amps. Paid 165 for it plus 30 for the lifetime warranty which is limited after 7 years. Before that thought if it goes they will replace no questions asked.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.