Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Reverse Lights not working

28K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepinjuggalo 
#1 ·
Ok so my back-up lights don't come on and I am about to go pick up a neutral safety switch and fix the problem. Now my question is, I am not having any problems starting the jeep or anything other then the back-up lights not coming on so is there something else I should check before replacing the nss? Also the reason I am going straight to replacing the nss is I had it "fixed" by the local jeep dealership last year when the jeep was having the same issue (didn't have the $$ to replace it).

Side note: I need to get the jeep inspected and the damn lights didn't come on so I had it "fixed" temporally" by the jeep dealership. I went to have the inspection done on it this year and same problem so time to replace the nss. lol

#2 ·
on the passenger side of the trans is a wire connecter that liked to come unplugged on mine . check that.

#4 ·
Could be the connector, but most likely it's a dirty NSS. My NSS has been bad since a bought it well over a year ago. I used to have alot of problems with it, but it seemed to just fix itself...

Still no reverse lights though! :brickwall:

:agree:

The cleaning of the NSS is the price of a can of white grease.
;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.