Wiring through the firewall?

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Cherokee Stock Technical Forum

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Chrysler Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
cheapa$$
Seasoned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Wiring through the firewall?

Hey, are there any pre-existing spots to run some amplifier wiring through the firewall? Or do I need to drill a new hole? I am getting an Infinity Basslink to add some low end tone without taking up a ton of space with huge speaker boxes.

cheapa$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
muddeprived
Retired Moderator
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa$$ View Post
Hey, are there any pre-existing spots to run some amplifier wiring through the firewall? Or do I need to drill a new hole? I am getting an Infinity Basslink to add some low end tone without taking up a ton of space with huge speaker boxes.
Driver's side. Look underneath above the pedals and you will see a rubber grommet. I used that one for wires from my Flux Capacitor Heating Machine.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/index.html :thumbsup:
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
DannysXJ
Jr Member

Same hole i used to run the wiring for my system... works good. and very easy to get to. if you want a clean look you can run it under the trim all the way to the back..
Old 12-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
tbone

I'm going to run my wires through the firewall on the passangers side so I don't have wire run from one side of the engine bay to the other. I plan on using half inch pvc and 2 elbows. Once I have the wire run I'm going to seal the pvc up with silicone. I bought a pack of assorted gromets at Advance and there is a large one to feed the pvc through. I'll post up some pics when it's done.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Prerunner1982

I think there is one on the passenger side as well. If you look from the inside, just above the carpet's edge. This is where I had the power cable for my old amp run.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
cheapa$$
Seasoned

I found this rubber grommet, however right above it I had another set of wires in a wire loom running through the firewall so I tucked the amplifier power wire in with them and fed it through. I will take a picture in the morning for reference. I got everything run, so if my sub comes tomorrow it should be hook up and go.
cheapa$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #7
JeeperMatt
Veteran

Don't forget to run the RCA cables down the opposite side from the power Thats why I went with the passenger side grommet for my power wire as I couldn't find RCAs that were the right length without having an excessive amount of leftover cable.

SOLD :( Little Miss 4.0 / AX15 / NP231, SYE, Woods 'shaft / 8.8 / RE 4.5 LA Hybrid, HD 3/8 LCA pockets / 33x12.50 Kevlars, 15x8 / EBC Sport Rotors drilled, slotted, G/S pads, ext. s/s lines f/r / AJ SuperRails / Treks unibody stiffies / ZJ tierod, draglink / trimmed fenders, YJ flares / 136A alt / Optima RedTop / 6-ga charging system wiring / K&N intake, TB spacer / Banks header > 2.25" > hi-flo cat > 2.5" straight & dumped / C4x4 hooks / 2500w stereo
JeeperMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
jerman75
Veteran

yyou dont need to worry aout running he signal line down the opposite side for a basslink. infinity did a great job with those and the filter will eliminate and possible engine noise. as for the power line under the hood, some black split loam and some wire ties along the existing stuff under there and after a little dirt you never know its there.

jerman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Cherokee Stock Technical Forum