what did you do to your xj/zj/wj today? - Page 101

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Chrysler Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 12:59 PM   #1501
Jeepstudent
Seasoned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Talked about all the different stuff i can do with it. armoralld the heck out of it and vacumed my baby

Jeepstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2010, 03:08 PM   #1502
draconarmy
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepstudent View Post
Talked about all the different stuff i can do with it. armoralld the heck out of it and vacumed my baby
take better care of it than i did bro. shes had a tuff life she deserves to be papmpered
Old 05-30-2010, 03:13 PM   #1503
stamp
muddin moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepstudent View Post
armoralld the heck out of it and vacumed my baby
wow i dont thinkive ever armoralled my xj... and without carpet ive never vacuumed either ... just used a water hose...

but then again i guess i have been neglecting my jeep for a few months now...

today i got under it pulled my starter ... reconnected my gas tank ... after find all my lugnuts its time to see if it can be push/pull started
Maybe he out to change his screen name to "postage stamp" since he likes being licked by the mudhole and then stuck?

Just teasin, cad.
1988 Mitsubishi starion (race car)
1996 Mitsubishi gst (awd conversion) under construction
2008 jeep wrangler 2door rubicon (dd and mud hole toy)
2013 Mitsubishi outlander sport (wife's dd and baby hauler)
stamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:31 PM   #1504
Jeepstudent
Seasoned

Ha ha first veh. and frist jeep i find a specail attachment to her. Not to mettion all the crap that was lft in there by Mr.draconarmy up there

Getting three un rusted fliars so i can put sum fenders on theen i am hopfully finding sum metal to make a new bummper=)
Old 05-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #1505
tazjeeper
Veteran

I started to put this hd stering on with the dubble stabilizers On the wifes 87 2dr. going to finish tonight...
then I have to finish the 90 mj's body work as I sold it and it gone tomorrow... but do not worry I bought a 86 4x4 with 5.5RE lift hahhahaaaaa

Last edited by tazjeeper; 05-31-2010 at 03:56 PM.
tazjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:32 PM   #1506
rob-xj
Veteran

packed up the jeep n took the wife n kids to the beach for the holiday weekend
Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
Like a good neighbor State Farm is there.........With Rob the lighting Guru.
rob-xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:23 PM   #1507
Jeepstudent
Seasoned

Took all for flair brackets off and primed the chiped spots
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 PM   #1508
muddeprived
Infected
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Put the RC LA through some testing and I can say I'm not very pleased with how it's performing.

When asked if the Warriors could pull it off, Kerr responded, “Oh God, no. No!”

Kerr followed that exclamation with, “We had this guy named Michael Jordan on that team."

Quote:
.....but hey, it's all about being green nowadays. Cars don't rust out anymore they just biodegrade.........
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #1509
rob-xj
Veteran

whoa mud y you say that. what tourture test did you put them thru
Old 05-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #1510
tazjeeper
Veteran

he drove out of the driveway..LOL
Old 05-31-2010, 10:48 PM   #1511
muddeprived
Infected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazjeeper View Post

Took it out on some rather simple trails and that annoying shock banging noise is still there in the back. It feels like someone hammering on the underside when I hit a bump or rock. I've noticed this issue showing up in the RC thread on jeepforum so it's a common issue that RC can't seem to fix. I also have some kind of axle hop up front when trying to dig my way up on a hill. If I place both front tires at the bottom of the hill and gas it to climb, the axle will start hopping and shuddering when it's spinnin for traction. It's like it has no shocks up front but I'm running the new ones that came with it. My tranny mount nuts took a beating too. That didn't surprise me.

Kerr followed that exclamation with, “We had this guy named Michael Jordan on that team."

Quote:
.....but hey, it's all about being green nowadays. Cars don't rust out anymore they just biodegrade.........

Last edited by muddeprived; 05-31-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #1512
tazjeeper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post

Took it out on some rather simple trails and that annoying shock banging noise is still there in the back. It feels like someone hammering on the underside when I hit a bump or rock. I've noticed this issue showing up in the RC thread on jeepforum so it's a common issue that RC can't seem to fix. I also have some kind of axle hop up front when trying to dig my way up on a hill. If I place both front tires at the bottom of the hill and gas it to climb, the axle will start hopping and shuddering when it's spinnin for traction. It's like it has no shocks up front but I'm running the new ones that came with it. My tranny mount nuts took a beating too. That didn't surprise me.
I find the pins for the bolts on the top of the RC shocks are always seperating so I used ones out of a different shock to fix that. I also find that the rc coils are so stiff that I have a bit of hop when going up a hill like that aswell mud. my next lift as i said it before will be skyjacker... I always had good luck with them in the past and am going back to them..
Old 06-01-2010, 07:37 AM   #1513
muddeprived
Infected

Quote:
I find the pins for the bolts on the top of the RC shocks are always seperating so I used ones out of a different shock to fix that. I also find that the rc coils are so stiff that I have a bit of hop when going up a hill like that aswell mud. my next lift as i said it before will be skyjacker... I always had good luck with them in the past and am going back to them..
What pins on the shocks are you talking about? My shocks are 2.2's, and they have bushings and bar pin eliminators. The fronts have studs up top.

So you think the coils are the reason for the wheel hop or a combo of coil/shock?

I agree with switching to skyjacker cuz I love their springs and shocks as well. I always had great luck with softride coil springs on my TJ and the hydros are excellently valved for our jeeps.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #1514
Jeepstudent
Seasoned

Had to go to school today but im about to take off the final fliar bracket and prim the scrtached spots
Old 06-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #1515
rob-xj
Veteran

Quote:
HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddeprived View Post

Well looks like im gonna have to do some homework on who im gonna get my la kit from when i do the 4.5. Im startin to hear a clunkin sound comin from the rear of my heep too but it sounds more like my rear hatch.

Went with the father in law to some jy to find parts for his car n found parts for the heep, still cant find the oem grill

Last edited by rob-xj; 06-01-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion