what did you do to your xj/zj/wj today? - Page 11

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #151
tazjeeper
Veteran
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

wow I never had that hapen but I have never been stuck to the point where I shut it off in the water and the holes we have here are past the hood.
well good that you and shamoooooooooo are ok.....
dont forget to change the oild and a filter if you had that much water in it...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 AM   #152
2000XJ
Retired Moderator
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

Wow that sucks. I'd change all fluids if you were in that deep. You're luck you were able to start it up again. May also want to clean out the alternator.

I was going to drive my XJ today but as I walked out I noticed a puddle of something under the pass-side rear tire. Doesn't seem to be brake fluid because the reservoir is full and when I pumped the brakes I didn't see anything coming out. I think the axle seal is shot. I have to double check this weekend.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" Lift, 35's, 4:1, Caged

Former Former Daily Driver: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
2000XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #153
afbond03
Experienced

Just purchased the VIAIR 10007 constant duty kit for my Jeep:
98 Cherokee Limited, 2.5in RE BB, Cobra CB, FrankZ Winch Bumper, Superwinch Epi9.0 Winch-3/8"x75 Technora Synthetic Winch Rope, Ohana Fab Sliders,32" Kumho KL71s, Black Cragar Soft 8s, JKS Quick Discos. 10lb Ultimate Air.
afbond03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #154
aircruiser
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazjeeper View Post
wow I never had that hapen but I have never been stuck to the point where I shut it off in the water and the holes we have here are past the hood.
well good that you and shamoooooooooo are ok.....
dont forget to change the oild and a filter if you had that much water in it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000XJ View Post
Wow that sucks. I'd change all fluids if you were in that deep. You're luck you were able to start it up again. May also want to clean out the alternator.

hah thanks. yeah as soon as i started going into the puddle i knew i was screwed. i was happy to get it running again too. 3 of the spark plugs had no gap from the water in the cylinders. im gonna pop the drain plugs and make sure the diff fluid seems alright and when my friend was putting one of the plug wires back on, he accidently hit the dipstick and the handle broke off. gonna have to bring it to the shop at school tomorrow to get it out. all in all, i learned and it didnt break anything. just had a mad girlfriend..
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #155
littleblackxj
Web Wheeler
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by afbond03 View Post
Just purchased the VIAIR 10007 constant duty kit for my Jeep:
How much did that set you back?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #156
aircruiser
Jr Member

looked at it. my girlfriend came over with her car, we did stuff in my room, and then i drove her to work so ill have her car for the rest of today. my air filter was drenched from last night so its drying over a vent in my living room. my "custom" splash shield got ripped down when i got pulled out along with bending my license plate and i got a dent in the hatch now from one of the lifted chevys pushbars when trying to roll start it.

pics

this sticker was almost under..ironic huh?

all that shiny? yeah thats how high the water was

the dent

and my other new sticker..also kind of ironic..

hopefully i can get it all back together tonight. been thinking about making a snorkel..hmm..
Old 04-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #157
littleblackxj
Web Wheeler
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Nice aircruser Reminds me of my jeep

The water was all the way up to the center console. You can see how some water pooled up by the tcase shifter. Ruined about $300 worth of audio equipment though
Old 04-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #158
jakeWI
Wisconsin Wheeler
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
looked at it. my girlfriend came over with her car, we did stuff in my room, and then i drove her to work so ill have her car for the rest of today. my air filter was drenched from last night so its drying over a vent in my living room. my "custom" splash shield got ripped down when i got pulled out along with bending my license plate and i got a dent in the hatch now from one of the lifted chevys pushbars when trying to roll start it.

hopefully i can get it all back together tonight. been thinking about making a snorkel..hmm..
1)didnt need to know that haha

2) probably a good idea
Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #159
aircruiser
Jr Member

haha well i thought id mention it..hah.

anywho, nice lilblack, yeah its fun, wish there were no down sides to flooding tho..haha.

heres more.

this was what pooled up after 3/4 of it drained out. i had it parked on a slope in the last pic..here it is on level ground

and changed the oil..chocolate malt anyone?

about 7 1/2 quarts came out..glad i did that before running it
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #160
2000XJ
Retired Moderator

Mud bad, rocks good. Learn it, Live it, Don't forget it

Former Former Daily Driver: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #161
aircruiser
Jr Member

hah well no rocks around here. and i like the mud that is soupy and stuff like that..the mud that goes flying in chunks. not a huge fan of water-crossings but i do them and ive done a few puddles and know not to go real fast but didnt think the puddle was this deep. and yeah ive learned now..listen to my girlfriend when she says dont do it! for one, she was most likely right, and two, if you get stuck, youre in trouble with your jeep and her..hahaha
Old 04-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #162
tazjeeper
Veteran

Quote:
hah well no rocks around here. and i like the mud that is soupy and stuff like that..the mud that goes flying in chunks. not a huge fan of water-crossings but i do them and ive done a few puddles and know not to go real fast but didnt think the puddle was this deep. and yeah ive learned now..listen to my girlfriend when she says dont do it! for one, she was most likely right, and two, if you get stuck, youre in trouble with your jeep and her..hahaha
If your going to wheel like that one thing is carrie oil and a filter or that engine is not going to last.. make sure you bring your bucket to change the oil on the trail. and
ya need a new girl if she tells ya to stop and gets mad when you get stuck because she is not a jeep girl... or better gears lockers and more lift... that way ya do not get stuck as much....
Old 04-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #163
2000XJ
Retired Moderator

Quote:
and yeah ive learned now..listen to my girlfriend when she says dont do it! for one, she was most likely right, and two, if you get stuck, youre in trouble with your jeep and her..hahaha
Yea, definately ditch the girlfriend if she gives you crap when wheeling. Or you can get her behind the wheel and let her have some fun so she understands

If you let her do this:

Then she won't get pissed when you do this:

Old 04-02-2009, 08:25 AM   #164
aircruiser
Jr Member

oh no way, she just got mad that i didnt listen. she wasnt mad about getting stuck. she loves going offroading with me. she even said in the summer she would ride along going muddin with the doors off
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #165
jakeWI
Wisconsin Wheeler
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000XJ View Post
Yea, definately ditch the girlfriend if she gives you crap when wheeling. Or you can get her behind the wheel and let her have some fun so she understands

If you let her do this:

Then she won't get pissed when you do this:

haha yeah, but if i remember right, didnt she break something in these photos?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion