what did you do to your xj/zj/wj today? - Page 1263

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #18931
thekidmiket
Experienced
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig69diesel
A guy I work with has an XJ same as ours with a 3 inch lift and 31s. He always parks by me. I'll take a pic when he get back from vacation.
if I had my 2000 silver limited DD with My 3.5 & 31's in between would have been small med large shot LOL

thekidmiket is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 08:15 PM   #18932
thekidmiket
Experienced

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_cherokee
Changed my ball joints. Still have death wobble. Starting to think Wiebo is right
looks like to much Caster on your pinion angle. looking at your C's did you dial in your axle Are your LCA's adjustable?? And don't forget to check the clearance between your outer axle U joint's and your grease fitting on the lower ball joints.. I see you mentioned the alignment shop adjusted your castor but you can only get by so much shimming out the factory LCA's Clevis's I think you need adjustable uppers i

Last edited by thekidmiket; 04-30-2016 at 08:27 PM.
thekidmiket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #18933
joegreen
Experienced

Grrrr found my oil adapter and distributor leaking oil once again.

Distributor is leaking out of the cap wtf? Is there a reputable rebuild kit for these adapters and distributors?
joegreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 PM   #18934
quicksilver
Veteran

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegreen View Post
Grrrr found my oil adapter and distributor leaking oil once again.

Distributor is leaking out of the cap wtf? Is there a reputable rebuild kit for these adapters and distributors?
For the adapter, I just went to the stealer ship since there are three o rings total that go into that, and not one parts house had all the right parts. As for the distributor, good luck bud. I may or may not be leaking from that point, but I do know that I have replaced every seal on that side of the engine and I still have a massive leak....

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0, 4x4, 5 Speed, 4.5" RC Long Arm Kit

Build Thread: Project Apache
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:01 PM   #18935
lawagoneer

Garage

Got my TPS reinstalled on the throttle body, output voltage set and Jeep running again. Going back to Houston later today will bring lift kit home and atleast try to get the rear done next week before I have to go to work on Thursday.
lawagoneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #18936
93_cherokee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidmiket View Post
looks like to much Caster on your pinion angle. looking at your C's did you dial in your axle Are your LCA's adjustable?? And don't forget to check the clearance between your outer axle U joint's and your grease fitting on the lower ball joints.. I see you mentioned the alignment shop adjusted your castor but you can only get by so much shimming out the factory LCA's Clevis's I think you need adjustable uppers i
My control arms aren't adjustable no. Fixed my death wobble today though. Took it to a good shop and they aligned it. Drives straight and no more DW. My passenger tire was toed out 1.75 degrees. Driver was .50 and they set my toe at 0*. Took them an hour but it's better now. As for the fittings, I greased my bjs then took the fitting out because it hit my axle
93_cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 12:02 AM   #18937
joegreen
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
For the adapter, I just went to the stealer ship since there are three o rings total that go into that, and not one parts house had all the right parts. As for the distributor, good luck bud. I may or may not be leaking from that point, but I do know that I have replaced every seal on that side of the engine and I still have a massive leak....
I got the o ring from the dealer I corpus, i am thinking its only leaking from the distributor. I have also replaced a great many things on that side and still have oil spraying there. I'm gonna pull the distributor tomorrow and see what's happening. It has a strange new whirring noise now too.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:05 AM   #18938
joegreen
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterjack View Post
Off topic. Any suggestions on best rear diff upgrade for XJ? I have stock Dana35 lsd

Duster Jack AG0029
C8.25 29 spline. About as Strong as a Dana 44, Plenty of aftermarket support, and cheap too.
Old 05-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #18939
ffcgary1
Seasoned

Changed a very broken and rusty rear exhaust hanger, took some time as the 2 18mm bolts where right tight all the way out. plenty of WD40 and they eventually came out, coated with anti seize grease on re fitting.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #18940
93_cherokee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.3L XJ View Post
I was more interested in design. Looks like you might have a conversion of some type. Can I see a pic of the whole thing?
Hard to get a pic with my crappy phone but that's the best I could get

Old 05-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #18941
ffcgary1
Seasoned

changed the rear exhaust hanger on the jeep as it had broken its lip. piggin thing to took ages to get off as the 2x18mm bolts were tight all the way out, : plenty of WD40 and a backwards and forwards with a long breaker bar and it came off eventually. Bolts coated in plenty of anti seize grease before refitting.
Old 05-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #18942
quicksilver
Veteran

Garage

Had a fuel leak that I finally traced to the fuel filter. Got the replacement on now, and looking at the old, u can see why it leaked. The darn thing was so old, it had rusted through the canister and was leaking from the side of the inlet.

1995 Jeep Cherokee Country 4.0, 4x4, 5 Speed, 4.5" RC Long Arm Kit

Build Thread: Project Apache
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:25 PM   #18943
joegreen
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93_cherokee View Post
Hard to get a pic with my crappy phone but that's the best I could get
No steering stabilizer? your track bar looks way out of adjustment. Springs should seat vertically. Unless It just looks like they are crooked I the picture It is hard to tell. How tight is the top and bottom Bolt on the track bar? Particularly the bottom Bolt

Last edited by joegreen; 05-01-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:58 PM   #18944
qballicus37
Experienced

Replaced brake booster, master cylinder, front calipers, rotors and pads... brakes feel great now...
qballicus37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #18945
93_cherokee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegreen View Post
No steering stabilizer? your track bar looks way out of adjustment. Springs should seat vertically. Unless It just looks like they are crooked I the picture It is hard to tell. How tight is the top and bottom Bolt on the track bar? Particularly the bottom Bolt
Stabilizers are for girls. I haven't run one in over a year. They don't cause or cure death wobble. The heim in my track bar is brand new, the nut is tigh, the bushing at tthe axle has no play and the bolt is tight. Springs are vertical. Thanks for the suggestions but after I replaced damn near everything in my front end, the alignment shop showed me that my toe was way out. I had them set my toe to 0 degrees and all is well. No more DW at all

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion