Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

the limited hero

16K views 177 replies 14 participants last post by  89limtied_hero 
#1 ·
I have a build thread on another forum but thought I would post up here as well. Ill add more when I have time at break at work.

The night I bought it
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Jeep cherokee (xj)

After owning it for 3 years
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part City car

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought it for 600 with two loose rockers. Fixed it and bought 33x12.50x15. Did an engine swap to a 95 high output. Swapped out the abs system to a 92 master cylinder and booster had to swap the pedal assembly to. Removed the drop brackets and replaced with longer lower control arms. Got the base for my front bumer from a friend and added on to it how I wanted it. Painted it camo so it wouldn't be like all the other red Cherokees in my area. Drove it for awhile while I built my girl her Integra. Then I got to park my jeep once her project was done so I could fix add the stuff I had stocked up on. When it was parked I fix the death wobble it had from a worn out track bar bushing. I installed a adjustable track bar with new poly bushings. Finished cutting my front fenders for my flat fender flares. Made bpe for the front shock. And did little thing to help it offroad. Installed hood vents. And just started driving again after about ten months I only got to work on it on Saturdays.

#3 ·
I still have a list of stuff to do it.
Build a rear bumper
Install my hackn' tap on my 242
Install my rock sliders
Remove the block in the rear and install some AutoZone chevy shackles
Make bpe for rear shocks
Install rock lights
Install my cb
Do zj disk brake swap
Swap rear seat for zj rear seat
The might be a couple more things but is pretty much it. And that is update with my build so far. Here is some pics of what I got so far.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Off-roading Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Hardtop

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Car

Auto part Engine Wire Vehicle Electrical wiring

Auto part Engine Radiator Vehicle

Automotive exterior Headlamp Bumper Automotive lighting Light

Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive tire Tire

Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Bumper

Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive exterior Bumper

Vehicle Auto part Car

Auto part

Auto part Pipe Automotive wheel system Rust Wheel

Auto part Suspension part Suspension

#5 ·
I have this idea for a rear bumper but to achieve that I need to cut and fold the rear quarters also one reason why my rear fender flares are stopped at the body line. I have been searching around because before I do something I like to get different opinions and most to all my info before I jump in doing something. Anyways I have a k&n intake but here in the great north west we get lots of rain. And some of the trails might have some water crossings that you never know who has been in them before. So im thinking of doing a cowl snorkel with the hummer h1 style intake cap. Now you wonder how did I go from talking about a rear bumper to a snorkel. Well in my search about the snorkel I had came across I rear spare tire carrier for a h2 I think. And thought im going to get me one its heavy duty and comes with tow points built in to the mounts and I think with the 2x6 tube imgoing to make my bumper out of it will fit .
Just my random thought of the day so far lol.

#6 ·
Here are some pics for people who like tgat sort of thing.
First one is the spare tire carrier and the second is the humvee cowl snorkel

Attachments

#41 ·
I swear I've seen that black jeep somewhere.........:dunno:

#8 ·
That was the first picture of what I wanted I found on google. I thought I had seen that jeep before and I think I did see a write up on it or one like it somewhere.

#10 ·
I already have hood vents don't want anything else on the hood. That I seen I picture of it and didnt like it.

#11 ·
^ I am with your on the hood vents and nothing else, but I am torn between the Spectre CAI that goes into the firewall on the passenger side and this design, which uses the stock filter and airbox, and is plumbed into the firewall on the drivers side. :confused:

Cowl snorkel

#13 · (Edited)
I thought of a mix of the spectra CAI and the cowl snorkel. I have the k&n CAI right now so using that some how had crossed my mind. just would like a snorkle thats not hanging off the fender. If I did go back to the stock box I would relocate it to where my old coolant bottle was since I have swapped to an open coolant system.

#12 ·
Muddeprived does have a write up on here about that snorkel. You can also PM him

#14 ·
Can you of think what I going to use this color for soon?

Attachments

#15 ·
That blue will be the new color for my jeep along with a blacked out hood and cowl. My camo job has been cloned since I have painted my jeep locally and would like to have a blue jeep since it not a common color like the red is.
Also I had a thought of doing a military style numbers on the fenders with year, model, and what number of the line it is so like the last numbers in the vin. It would look something like this 89XJ510683. Undecided about it but something that has been on my mind.

#16 ·
89limtied_hero said:
That blue will be the new color for my jeep along with a blacked out hood and cowl. My camo job has been cloned since I have painted my jeep locally and would like to have a blue jeep since it not a common color like the red is. Also I had a thought of doing a military style numbers on the fenders with year, model, and what number of the line it is so like the last numbers in the vin. It would look something like this 89XJ510683. Undecided about it but something that has been on my mind.
Sounds cool, i love blue XJs.
My neighbor has a special edition army green TJ with the lettering on the hood like you mentioned, I'll snap a pic tomorrow

#19 ·
Sweet would love to see it. Thanks just trying to think of a color besides black the go with the blue for the lettering

#17 ·
Like an airforce blue (strata blue) theme. Sweet. That camo was messing with my head anyhow lol.

Go with the airforce theme, its different.

#18 ·
The camo only cost $13 and after seening 5 red lited cherokees in a 2 mile around trip. I had to do something I get a lot of comments on the paint job mostly good.

#20 ·
Silver

#21 ·
Lol I like mine with no shine. Lol but like the way you thinking. I was almost thinking a flat tan since the blue is satin and the the black will be satin or flat. It will still have that airforce look to it With the cowl snorkel and my flat fenders. And on a side note I think my rear fenders flairs are going to get replaced with either YJ or TJ rear flairs as I think I can get them mounted better and will go with the whole look of the hero.

#22 ·
Airforce used a dark gold-yellow in their blue trucks.

Attachments

#24 ·
Airfoce used a dark gold-yellow in their blue trucks.
Put 4" lift 35" and a cummins In it and that would be a sweet tow rig.

Also I think the tan would work great since im not trying to copy it just trying make it look like.

#23 ·
Pics are failing on the phone...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Jeep

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Motor vehicle

#25 ·
Agreed

#28 ·
Been looking for a spare tire since I traded my old one for 4 31's on rims. The prices on Craigslist are crazy or no answer when you contact them. And im leaving to go wheeling/camping after work tomorrow and really would like a spare tire.

#29 ·
I found a spare tire. Its a km1 32x11.5x15. A little smaller than what im running but still in the ok range. And still better than no spare.

#30 ·
Went camping and wheeling this hoilday weekend. Had a blast and very happy with the the hero performed after the recent modifications. Just a couple pics I have more ill post up later.

Attachments

#31 ·
A few more pictures from the weekend.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.