Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

Falkon

10K views 50 replies 12 participants last post by  ldub100 
#1 ·
would you guys be interested if I wrote a nice thorough review of the Falken WilD Peak A/t ( rocky mountain ats) tires? I ordered a set of the 32x11.5R15 in my quest for a good compromise a/t tire that does well both on the road, beach and trail. They are still very new so there really isnt too much written on them. So if you guys are interested I would like to do a good review on what i think of them. If no ones interested i dont wanna waste my time, so let me know. Im gonna drive them on all sorts of terrains and conditions with different driving styles as well. The guys at JK experience tested them and like them but they were with Falkon so it was a bit biased I assume

here they are:

See less See more
#7 ·
these look like the bridgestone APT IV that sears sells. here is a pic, the Bridgestones have a 60k warranty for the pmetric and a 50k warranty on the LT. something to think about.

Attachments

#8 ·
true but the falkon has a slightly more aggressive and deeper tread pattern and there is a 50k warranty as well. PLus the sidewalls as supposed to be really tough

#12 ·
not too bad. they are less than the BFG of equivalent size. the y are around $160 a tire with free shipping and stems and the warrantee cert. They ran $950 for everything from discount tire

#14 ·
yeah it was today. well tonight. tackled nud like a champ. almost done with my little write up. gonna do more rocks saturday and some sand in early october.

Honestly couldnt be happier with them thus far. I went through thicker mud and deeper puddles than my friend with duratraks with out problems he had

#15 · (Edited)
So here we go...

The Falken Wild peak A/t and rocky mountain ATS are virtually the same tire. same tread, specs, evrything except different sidewall. I decided to spend the extra few bucks and go with the 32x11.50R15 wild peaks, cus the sidewall looked pretty sick. i orders them from Discount Tire Direct for $750 for all 4 tires, warranty certificate and new stems. Free shipping too. The wild peaks from them are $164 each while the Rocky mountains are $159. Like i said though they are the same tire just different sidewalls. keep in mind that is cheaper than the BFG a/t by about 20 bucks and Bridgestone dueler A/T's in 31''s by about 50 bucks. Just at first glance the tread pattern is very similar. because they seem to be the most similar in design The dueler will be my base of comparison to the falken, plus many are familiar with it. Plus my dad runs them on his taco so i have first hand experience.

heres the Falken (wildpeak in pic but same tread as Rocky mountain ats)...

and heres the dueler...

I am comparing 31x10.50R 15'' for a common size comparison. at first glance they are both very similar. In fact though the siping n the falken is wider and deeper. The tread is very similar too although the falken's is deeper at 17/32 vs the duelers 16/32 inch depth. Both have C load ratings as well as a 109s speedrating which is much better than you'll ever need driving a jeep. Both are real strong too. in fact the falken is made with thier 6-ply.

before I get into some terrain ill answer some common tire questions...

Are they loud? NO. these tires are very quite, yes they are an AT so they do have some sound but unless you kill the enigine on a smooth quite road with the windows open and radio off you aint hearing anything. The duelers i can hear humming from the truck cab.

Hows the value? Excellent value. Much cheaper than the duelers and BFG at's both very comparable to the falken and in some ways the falken is much better.

How are they as an offroad/ onroad tire? thats what they are made for so frankly they rock, below i will go into detail about each terrain. i wated to ahve some pics here but cant get em on, so ill add them later.

Street: these thigs are sweet on road. No problem on dryroads, wet roads, or i would assume snowy roads. (havent seen snow since i bought em). no slipping and just grab the road like a magnet. I drive it agresvily too.

Dirt (easy offroad); No problems here either they grab grass and soil easily as well as gravel just like on pavement.

Mud: i was real surprised the first time i sent through some deep water puddles and thick mud. never got stck once and better yet very little clogging of tethe tread and i never aired down. my friend on duratraks got stuck.

Sand: right at home on sand. I air down from the regualr psi of 36 to about 14 depending on how soft the beach but yet to be stuck. they float as well as you will see with an at, very much like the old bridgestone dueler at, which my dad has ran for 10 years f beach driving w.o getting stuck.

Rocks: ok rocks ae fine, but big boulders and sheet rocks are okay too, i did almost get stuck but only becasue i was slipping on one side, at a low seed, went faster and i got out no problem the tires grabbed fine. also with lockers i wouldve had no problem.

Thats all for now. any questions just ask. ill add more to it as i can plus pics

#20 ·
yeah id stay in the 28-32psi unless your hauling loads

#23 ·
pulled a truck out of the sand running duratraks. I was running my falkens, he was an experienced beach driver but those goodyears just dug alot more than me. Ive never gotten stuck with these tires,

#25 ·
not really still havent got em stuck. we did have snow here a few weeks ago though. gripped well, then i drifted on purpose lol. but to answer the snow thing, yeah they grip nice

#26 ·
quick update. well we did have about 6inches of slushy snow that turned to slush here, despite this crappy winter. They were pretty awesome, felt real good grapping the snow. all that siping is pretty nice

#28 ·
if you do, ill save a sticker for you. they sent me a few nice decals, i only have like 1 left, doont know what to do with them, so if you want it and get teh tires let me know.

I got in contact with them a few months back, and got some info that there may be a mud tire in the works, they couldnt give me a straight answer but they gave me a feeling that yes it is. personally i am super excited for one, so when i do my axle swap and can run 35's, i can use them. believe me if they do come out with one, ill be the first to order them

#29 ·
i would love to do mud terrain tires again but im not sure bout goin up to 35's. i like lyon had that that notion but would rather do 35's on a bigger truck n leave my xj on either 32's o 33's. ill let you know bout the decal.

#30 ·
Thanks for all the info on the tires. If my STT's ever wear out I will look in to these. I'd like an even smoother ride if possible. And the STT's went up in price again so these are now a little cheaper. :thumbsup:

#31 ·
got my wild peaks on order, should be gettin them tomorrow at my friends shop. good thing too cuz my last crapy tire i have got hungry and ate a nail, good thing i had a sparte tire.

#34 ·
hey beach, got them mounted today n even at a 31 they love to fling mud. n no more dw, sux i had to put them on the stock steelies but it was worth it. no more hum which is a plus for me n i can drive now wit the wife n not get my ear chewed out cus of the noise n the shakin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.