lift progress

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Cherokee Modified Technical Forum

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
brooks_mcclintock
Jr Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default lift progress

Well so far i've got the rear end in. had that done wednesday evening. Yesterday i took a break and rested a bit. So today i start on the front end, and i get both coils out, but the passenger side lca's bolt/nut is not coming out.

The reason is/was because the rubber bushing must've been caught in the thread or something like that because as soon as I would loosen the bolt with a ratchet, it would snap back to where i started loosening.

so i had to cut/pry the lca out..and it sucked. I might have slightly bent the caster that was inside there. so if this is a problem please tell me before i put the lift's lca in there.

anyone every run hercules m/t? it's the only decent priced tire in my town (small town)

Jeep: 1996 Cherokee Sport. 4.5" Rough Country Lift, 31"x10.50"R15 Hercules TrailDiggers M/T, Eagle Alloy 5100 Series Black, Mopar Nerf bars Black, Smoked Tail Lights, Cobra 30 CB/PA, Cold Air Intake, RC Swaybar Discos, trimmed fenders, rhino lined interior,

Quote:
My Jeep adds character to my rust, dents, and flaking paint :)
brooks_mcclintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Evol

Ive got hercules terra tracs,like em alot more than the little donuts I had befor but for the most part a tire is a tire.

_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

IL6 4.0 * AX15-5 speed
D30 * D35
31" x 10.50 Hercules Terra Trac
20' Tow Strap * Hi Jack
Evol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
muddeprived
Infected
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Your bolt seized to the metal sleeve in the bushing. It happens VERY OFTEN. I hate that. If you can, use Anti-Seize on the bolts before you reinstall them. Coat them with a thick layer of it so it doesn't seize up in the future. Use that stuff on EVERYTHING that's threaded.

When asked if the Warriors could pull it off, Kerr responded, “Oh God, no. No!”

Kerr followed that exclamation with, “We had this guy named Michael Jordan on that team."

Quote:
.....but hey, it's all about being green nowadays. Cars don't rust out anymore they just biodegrade.........
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
brooks_mcclintock
Jr Member

so as i lowered my axle without the lca's today the whole axle rotated forwards...so now i can't get it back into position. Anyone got any tips/advice? I will also need some more advise putting the coils in tomorrow and the new lca's. thanks.
Jeep: 1996 Cherokee Sport. 4.5" Rough Country Lift, 31"x10.50"R15 Hercules TrailDiggers M/T, Eagle Alloy 5100 Series Black, Mopar Nerf bars Black, Smoked Tail Lights, Cobra 30 CB/PA, Cold Air Intake, RC Swaybar Discos, trimmed fenders, rhino lined interior,

Quote:
My Jeep adds character to my rust, dents, and flaking paint :)
brooks_mcclintock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
CrewChief
Experienced

Get someone to help you, or you can be like me an use someones winch to pull it back up. lol

Born to Thrill!
CrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 AM   #6
muddeprived
Infected
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_mcclintock View Post
so as i lowered my axle without the lca's today the whole axle rotated forwards...so now i can't get it back into position. Anyone got any tips/advice? I will also need some more advise putting the coils in tomorrow and the new lca's. thanks.
Position your bottle jack on the ground under the shock mount or pinion and jack it up. It'll start to go back in position.

When asked if the Warriors could pull it off, Kerr responded, “Oh God, no. No!”

Kerr followed that exclamation with, “We had this guy named Michael Jordan on that team."

Quote:
.....but hey, it's all about being green nowadays. Cars don't rust out anymore they just biodegrade.........
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Cherokee Modified Technical Forum