Newbie with towing questions

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Grand Cherokee Technical Forum

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
adwizard
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Newbie with towing questions

Hi, I hope I'm in the right section. I apologize if not. Perhaps someone can answer a question or two about a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo. I am looking to buy one from a dealer. My first ever Jeep. Can a 2008 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the 3.7 6 cylinder engine tow a 1800 pound pop up camper? I have read it can tow up to 3500 pounds. Or must this car be equipped with a tow package? Thanks.

adwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
wjlizard
Veteran

I wouldn't sweat the pop up . I've towed alot of stuff with my grand Cherokee. 4.0l engine and lifted.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
wjlizard
Veteran

You would be better off with a tow package and a V8 ....especially if you end up with a bigger trailer. But it's not necessary for your current trailer

Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Grand Cherokee Technical Forum