walk around Videos - Page 2

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 08:29 PM   #16
DOWNSY
Seasoned
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage

MOOG 782s i ordered on Rock Auto. The Crowns have worked well for me this is the 2nd XJ Ive had them on. They start a little high compared to the coils, but wear in nicely and still leave a tiny bit of rake for hauling some weight. I used MOOG bushings and shackles when i put them in.

The front hitch used the swaybar mounting holes plus two more you have to drill yourself. It also has the advantage of working as a brace. I just cut out a rectangular shaped section in the middle of the air damn.

For some reaaon i dont have any before pics i can find. It was pretty low. I could stand next to it and see on top easily and im only 5 8.
Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited by DOWNSY; 04-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.
DOWNSY is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2019, 08:51 PM   #17
RolandtheHeadless
Experienced

Garage

I am glad everyone is enjoying this thread

Downsy
73s to you
KD7FYE over

"Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a Jeep is, you know. It's not just a steering wheel and a body and motor; that's what a Jeep needs. Not what a Jeep is. What Jeep really is, is freedom." Paraphrased from-Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f6...hington-68578/
http://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f2...3/#post1107825

Last edited by RolandtheHeadless; 04-05-2019 at 08:54 PM.
RolandtheHeadless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:30 AM   #18
Cherokee4LIF3
The Rookie

Garage

Thanks Josh for the https://teamcherokee.com/login.php lead. I ordered me some parts that I could not find anywhere else.

September 2016 Stock Cherokee of the Month

Last edited by Cherokee4LIF3; 04-06-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Cherokee4LIF3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-06-2019, 09:33 AM   #19
RolandtheHeadless
Experienced

Garage

great link
all of my Cherokee people should save that link

now someone put a another vid on here please

"Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a Jeep is, you know. It's not just a steering wheel and a body and motor; that's what a Jeep needs. Not what a Jeep is. What Jeep really is, is freedom." Paraphrased from-Jack Sparrow in The Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl.

Old 04-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #20
DOWNSY
Seasoned

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee4LIF3 View Post
Thanks Josh for the https://teamcherokee.com/login.php lead. I ordered me some parts that I could not find anywhere else.
Its a great resource. I ordered all my window seals through them. Made a huge differende in interior highway noise.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
DOWNSY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:11 PM   #21
XJSuperman
Veteran

Garage

Ok, thanks for pointing the thread out to me roland. I need to go shoot a vid with the gopro. I'll try and get it up on youtube by tomorrow. Thanks for the callout Gluck

2001 XJ: 4" lift (MetalCloak CAs, Tuff Country coils, IRO aal), 31x10.50r15 Cooper STT Pros, TruTrac 4.10 front, Spartan locked 4.10 rear, SYE, custom gas tank skid, Durango steering box, Yakima roof rack on custom bars, WickedBilt LED lighting, 784 injectors, Afe intake, OBA, more soon!

1948 Sears utility trailer project

YouTube channel: XJSUPERMAN
XJSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #22
XJSuperman
Veteran

Garage

Without further ado:
Sorry about the quality, the gopro software exported minimal quality for youtube formatting.

2001 XJ: 4" lift (MetalCloak CAs, Tuff Country coils, IRO aal), 31x10.50r15 Cooper STT Pros, TruTrac 4.10 front, Spartan locked 4.10 rear, SYE, custom gas tank skid, Durango steering box, Yakima roof rack on custom bars, WickedBilt LED lighting, 784 injectors, Afe intake, OBA, more soon!

Last edited by XJSuperman; 04-11-2019 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #23
RolandtheHeadless
Experienced

Garage

great vid of a great XJ ..( why is everyone's vid skills and jeeps better than mine)

now call out the next one

ps come into this century ...the cheapest stereo from the wal place works for me
get a thumb drive and no more cassettes in the front seat and you get your center console back

if you do make one of those switches turn off all power to the stereo because you will have to do that from time to time

also thieves wont steel it cause they wont get a crack rock for it

Last edited by RolandtheHeadless; 04-12-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #24
XJSuperman
Veteran

Garage

I call out CT99XJ for a vid on his current project Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandtheHeadless View Post
ps come into this century ...the cheapest stereo from the wal place works for me
get a thumb drive and no more cassettes in the front seat and you get your center console back

if you do make one of those switches turn off all power to the stereo because you will have to do that from time to time

also thieves wont steel it cause they wont get a crack rock for it
Thanks Roland, this is central Iowa so the few theives around are tweekers, and they don't steal radios lol. Honestly I didn't think anyone did that these days with tech being so cheap. I am reluctant to replace the radio with a cheap aftermarket for the same reason as Downsy. I don't like the look, I don't like the fit, and I hate the rainbow of colors they all seem to be. My factory one is great, so maybe Ill find a good one somewhere. I use an ipod on bluetooth via an FM transmitter. Works great. But the cassettes sound so much better. And they are 1/10th the cost of buying songs for an ipod/mp3 player. Ive got mix tapes from family and I am enjoying the radio commericals from the 70s.

Old 04-12-2019, 12:24 PM   #25
RolandtheHeadless
Experienced

Garage

I live in a urban mid class neighborhood near downtown spokane so lots of tewkers
I have had 3 raidos and lots of gas stole in the last 10 yrs
ever since the cops said publicly they wouldn't follow up on property cases crime has risen exponentially
in this area it has slowed since the guy down the street held two people at gunpoint till the cops arrived
the cops told him thanks but he was putting himself in danger ...he told them their slow response time put him in more danger
he held them for 2 hrs

Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #26
RolandtheHeadless
Experienced

Garage

we cant force CT99XJ to make one so I will call out the next one

Cherokee4LIF3 you are it

Old 04-22-2019, 11:38 AM   #27
Cherokee4LIF3
The Rookie

Garage

Can't make a video at the moment. I am still trying to catch up on some of the projects I have pending and I do not have a camera. I do have a camera on my phone but I do not know if that is full screen, I dislike the videos that are chopped on the sides. Sorry. Maybe later when I get caught up.

September 2016 Stock Cherokee of the Month
Cherokee4LIF3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #28
Gluckmysock
Super MOD! Yeah Baby!!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee4LIF3 View Post
Can't make a video at the moment. I am still trying to catch up on some of the projects I have pending and I do not have a camera. I do have a camera on my phone but I do not know if that is full screen, I dislike the videos that are chopped on the sides. Sorry. Maybe later when I get caught up.
FWIW, If you turn your phone sideways, it recordz full width videos.

May 2015, June 2017 & December 2018 Modified Cherokee XJ of the Month
December 2013 Stock Class Cherokee of the month
Gluckmysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:16 PM   #29
S8NNG8
Veteran

And with the quality in the phones these days, who needs a camera.
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:36 AM   #30
CT99XJ
Captain of the Nine

Garage

Well this is interesting.

I won't let a callout go unanswered. Hold while I come up with something.

August 2018 Stock Grand Cherokee of the Month

CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion