what did you do to your xj/zj/wj today? - Page 1630

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #24436
S8NNG8
Veteran
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
So what do you guys think?
Forward folding passenger seat in a 4 door XJ.
The leather bunches up some when folded forward.
I got it in my head that this would be a good idea.
Be able to fold the seat forward when you need that extra bit of space
if hauling something longer.
Excellent idea! You'll find it to be very useful. And yet, not used often enough for the leather bunching to be much of an issue. Just straighten it out each time so it doesn't get the wrong memory.
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #24437
Ralph77

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
Excellent idea! You'll find it to be very useful. And yet, not used often enough for the leather bunching to be much of an issue. Just straighten it out each time so it doesn't get the wrong memory.
Thank you.
I bought this off Ebay awhile back for about $13 shipped.
It is off a TJ. It looked like an XJ one, except the lever, so I took a chance.
I played with it awhile back to see if it would work.
I have so many extra seat parts. You have no idea.

Ralph77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #24438
S8NNG8
Veteran

I'll be messing with hinges here soon. I wanna find seats I love, but I fully expect them not to be folding ones.
But then again, I have no comfort issues with my current seats, even on long trips. And I do like the covers you got. Plus I love that they go on like factory upholstery. Would you say the ones you got are black, or just a dark gray? And if the latter, do they come in black?

Old 07-06-2019, 10:00 AM   #24439
Ralph77

Mine are black. CoverKing Rhinohides.

https://www.autoanything.com/seat-co...de-seat-covers

When I bought them they were on sale for $200. Now that is $200 each for front and back. But I also had a 20% off promo code which they let me use on top of the sale. But even at $320 total for front and back that is a big bite.

I did a lot of research on seat covers. It is tough cause there are zillion brands out there. But I kept on leaning towards the CoverKings. Also very happy with there customer service. Cause I knew I wanted to put in the heated seats so I called them about using there covers with them. They said it would be fine but might take a bit longer to heat up. Also knowing that I was going to try and do the rear headrest mod I contacted them about getting extra headrest covers. I was willing to pay for them. They gave them to me for free. So if I pull that off I have it covered.

See what I did there? LOL.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:10 AM   #24440
Ralph77

That is another thing. While it won't make my OCD go into overdrive it will bug me some.

I have extra Camel parts that I was going to do the rear seat headrest mod with. So now I am thinking I will use the Agate one. Thing is I don't have extra Agate headrests. So I will have to use the Camel ones.

Now here is the real sad part. With the seat covers on the headrests you won't even know.

But I will. LOL.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #24441
S8NNG8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph77 View Post
That is another thing. While it won't make my OCD go into overdrive it will bug me some.

I have extra Camel parts that I was going to do the rear seat headrest mod with. So now I am thinking I will use the Agate one. Thing is I don't have extra Agate headrests. So I will have to use the Camel ones.

Now here is the real sad part. With the seat covers on the headrests you won't even know.

But I will. LOL.
I'm like that with a few things on my rig. Things off center that only I know about. My frame being damaged, which others only know if I show them. And the buckle in the sheet metal where I put the side dp plates behind the door handles. It happens to all of us I'm sure.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #24442
S8NNG8
Veteran

And the price is no issue to me. Done right has no price limit in my book. Plus, they're quite a bit cheaper than the good neoprene ones.
Old 07-06-2019, 10:52 AM   #24443
Ralph77

Quote:
I'm like that with a few things on my rig. Things off center that only I know about. My frame being damaged, which others only know if I show them. And the buckle in the sheet metal where I put the side dp plates behind the door handles. It happens to all of us I'm sure.
Quote:
And the price is no issue to me. Done right has no price limit in my book. Plus, they're quite a bit cheaper than the good neoprene ones.
I am going to try and source some Agate headrests but wait to see if I can actually pull it off.

Neoprene ones cost more? The CoverKing ones on that site look to be about $170. They do make all different kinds. Leatherette, Ballistic, even genuine Leather ones. Not really sure why I went with the Rhinohides. But like I said very happy with them and always getting compliments on them when I post interior shots.

So beat from yesterday I just did a couple little things.
Plus it is probably going to rain in a couple hours.
Cleaned my console. Amazing how much crap gets down and under the bezels.
Cleaned up the passenger seat with carpet cleaner and leather cleaner.
Took the power seat base off the driver's seat.
I just realized when I put the seats that are in the Jeep now I not only refreshed the
power seat bases but also the framework and springs attached to the lower part of the seat.
So I get take the bottoms apart on both sets to use the ones I refreshed.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #24444
S8NNG8
Veteran

After reading a multitude of reviews, I'd decided to go with the Wet O'kole's. $500 for the front and back. And even then, the material ages with the seasons and passing years. And soon enough you have poorly fitting seat covers all over again.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #24445
Ralph77

Quote:
After reading a multitude of reviews, I'd decided to go with the Wet O'kole's. $500 for the front and back. And even then, the material ages with the seasons and passing years. And soon enough you have poorly fitting seat covers all over again.
I am glad you said that. I had thought about swapping the front seat covers. The only one that gets any real wear is the driver's. Thing is I did not want to go through the trouble. But since yet another seat swap is in the works might as well do it now. Kind of forgot that popped into my head awhile back.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #24446
DOWNSY
Seasoned

Garage

I should have a set of Wet Okoles stting on my porch for my 02 WJ seats i swapped into the XJ.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
  • 235/75R15 Cooper ATs
  • 2 inch Recievers front and rear
  • Factory T-Case skid added
  • PowerTrax No Slip in D30
  • WJ Front Seats
  • Motorola PM400 UHF Radio
  • LED lights all around
  • Rear cargo area power outlet for 12v and USB
DOWNSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:01 AM   #24447
Ralph77

I always thought that my carpet was in pretty good shape. Sure a couple unknown stains and some rust stains left over from the manual seat bases before I did the swap.
Taking off the console made me realize maybe not so much.
All vacuumed and now I just have to put it back together. I did squirt a little white lithium grease down into where the TC, tranny, and E-brake handles are.
I also checked out all the power seat bases I have accumulated. Since the seats are out I have access to the plug.
I have 7 freaking bases. 4 drivers and 3 passengers. 2 of which are in the Jeep.
Marked what motors worked and did not. Maybe some day I will build a couple out of all of them. LOL

Old 07-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #24448
Ralph77

So I put the console and whatnot back together as much as needed. Still a little buttoning up to do there.

I noticed that the duct work in the dash had this black foam around the outside of it. Pretty much deteriorated.
So I had this 3M foam tape that I used to replace it. Figured it was easier to put it on the inside of the duct that
runs under the console. Checked it for tightness and leaks before I put the console back.

I got another wood grain bezel with the wood grain door panels I bought when I bought the seats.
Mine has a couple scratches in it with one being really long. If you look at the one on the right under
where the radio would be you can see it. Since the other one is better going to use that one instead.

So I started with the passenger seat. I removed my old seat from the power seat base, and then removed the framework
to use with the heated seat. I had refreshed both when I did the previous swap to removable headrest leather non heated
seats. The POR 15 that I used on both seems to be holding up well. Not that it takes a lot of abuse inside the Jeep.
But yet seat bases and lower framework still have a way of rusting.

So I put the seat covers on, resembled the seat, bolted it in, and checked the heater function. To hot to tell but
the light did not blink and that is a good sign. It also occurred to me to rotate the seat covers. Nobody ever rides in
the passenger seat so the driver's is the only one getting any real wear.

So one forward folding. 6 way power, heated seat.

One of the couple places that you can see that they are not Camel and really Agate.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:33 PM   #24449
S8NNG8
Veteran

Looks good with the color orientation that way.
Old 07-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #24450
Ralph77

Quote:
Looks good with the color orientation that way.
I am guessing you are talking about using the Camel seat trim.
Everybody who responded said to stick with it.
Who am I to argue? LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion