what did you do to your xj/zj/wj today? - Page 1642

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2020, 11:43 AM   #24616
4.3L XJ
Veteran
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage

When you clear the memory, it goes back to preset factory parameters. In theory it is always learning since the ECM is supposed to instantaneously make small corrections from what happened a microsecond before. But these Chrysler ECMs seem to be slow learners
Griffin radiator
On board air
Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
31 gal. gas tank
4.3L XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #24617
Ralph77

But is clearing a code with a scanner the same as doing the routine where you disconnect the battery, ground out one of the cables, do the headlight thing, etc?

In my Jeep all the monitors are up and in an OK status in about 26 miles. Whether I clear everything using a scanner or that routine above. As long as my gas tank is at least 3/4's full for the Evap monitor.
Ralph77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:47 PM   #24618
4.3L XJ
Veteran

Garage

Yes, when you clear codes, you basically clear everything in the memory and is starts over
Griffin radiator
On board air
31 gal. gas tank

Old 01-06-2020, 11:21 AM   #24619
Ralph77

So this is kinda strange. Stalking Ebay and I come across a listing that says this:
jeep cherokee xj parts accessory 97-01 heated seat switches
Starting bid is .99 and free shipping.
No picture though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/jeep-cherok...72.m2749.l2649

So thinking it is just one switch, probably all beat up, thinking I''ll bid .99.
Here is what I received today.
So it is a little beat up. Couple of the tabs are broken but if the switches work should function as it is supposed to.
With tax $1.05. LOL.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:45 PM   #24620
4.3L XJ
Veteran

Garage

very nice
Griffin radiator
On board air
31 gal. gas tank
Old 01-07-2020, 04:55 AM   #24621
Jeeperjimmy

Xj flus and don't do's can get you down but I try to stay positive and I'm getting excited about my next two builds. You see in my world it's just another day of dreaming about how many thousands I can lose to Amazon making the next Cherokee even more bad as than the last four. My new build is two builds! I'm taking a 94 3 inch spacer lifted open diff 33 inch rubbers beater into unchartered rock crawling territory and an 01 sport model from bone stock to no small rock. Thus adventure will be quite fun because I am going to break some things along the way trying to figure out what performs and what breaks. I'm looking for everybody's suggestions on what I should do to make my next two the best two. Keep in mind that I will fabricate absolutely everything I can before I buy aftermarket junk but I plan to make these two bigger, badder,better., and beautiful as any jeep you've ever known. Money won't stop my projects and neither will discouraging comments. What should I do with these two first?. The 94 will be a budget build. The 01 will be no object spared. Let's have some fun. I'll provide start to finish pictures from now to done. You ready?
Jeeperjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #24622
S8NNG8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperjimmy View Post
Xj flus and don't do's can get you down but I try to stay positive and I'm getting excited about my next two builds. You see in my world it's just another day of dreaming about how many thousands I can lose to Amazon making the next Cherokee even more bad as than the last four. My new build is two builds! I'm taking a 94 3 inch spacer lifted open diff 33 inch rubbers beater into unchartered rock crawling territory and an 01 sport model from bone stock to no small rock. Thus adventure will be quite fun because I am going to break some things along the way trying to figure out what performs and what breaks. I'm looking for everybody's suggestions on what I should do to make my next two the best two. Keep in mind that I will fabricate absolutely everything I can before I buy aftermarket junk but I plan to make these two bigger, badder,better., and beautiful as any jeep you've ever known. Money won't stop my projects and neither will discouraging comments. What should I do with these two first?. The 94 will be a budget build. The 01 will be no object spared. Let's have some fun. I'll provide start to finish pictures from now to done. You ready?
First off, I'd take and paste this post on a newly started build thread.
S8NNG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #24623
4.3L XJ
Veteran

Garage

Yes, start a separate build thread for each rig
Griffin radiator
On board air
31 gal. gas tank
Old 01-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #24624
Ralph77

So a couple weeks ago I went to a boneyard I have never been to before. Saw some stuff I have been looking for. It is close by but just never checked them out until now.
So today I went and scoffed the stuff I wanted. All smaller stuff. $45 and think I overpaid but I don't know these guys like I do at the other boneyards I go to.
So got some tail light harnesses to add to my harness collection.
Couple '97/'98 glove box light switches with the pigtails. Thinking of trying to add one to mine. They stopped putting them in '99's and up.
A couple more fog light switches and a few more of the pigtails for them. I have a project in mind for them.
And I got what was left of the mounting points out of 2 different Jeeps for the retractable cargo cover.
Want to try and put one in my '00.
I was finally able to confirm that besides the plastic mounting points that you can see there are 2 metal ones behind the interior plastic for the 2 behind the rear seat.
The place is not far away but as soon as I got on the highway I set the cruise at 55 MPH, reset the overhead, and stayed in the right lane.
For the 13.7 miles I spent on the highway, one way, according to my overhead I averaged 25.4 MPG.
I was just curious what it would read when I did that. LOL.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #24625
Ralph77

So with the weather being real mild today I replaced the Zevo reverse lights with these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Zevo's are very visible to other driver's but throw no light out to really see behind you.
That could have something to do with the aftermarket tail lights I run that get rid of the amber lens in them.
Tough to see in the picture, new LED on the left and the Zevo one I had in there on the right, but I can see that it is brighter.
The true test will be when I back into my parking space at work Tuesday morning. LOL.

Old 01-14-2020, 11:33 AM   #24626
Ralph77

So I tried to take a picture for you guys but I could not get a shot that would portray exactly how bright the lights are.
Trying to do it from inside the Jeep was too dark. Outside they actually looked brighter in the picture then they were.
Vast improvement.
Even viewing behind me through my privacy glass I could see much more then I could with the Zevo's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > General Jeep Cherokee Discussion