The Yeti Project - Page 25

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Builds

CherokeeTalk.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 04:23 PM   #361
CT99XJ
Captain of the Nine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Garage

Damn dude, hope you get better quick. Yeti is counting on you!

I’m curious as to your ABS mounting mod and how it works with the ZJ sensors. I don’t want to splice together another set of sensors so I’m thinking about doing this.

August 2018 Stock Grand Cherokee of the Month

CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #362
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluckmysock View Post
ugh! sorry to hear that, but glad your ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJSuperman View Post
Damn man... Enjoy the downtime as best you can I guess. Anyone can weld from a chair though, just need to move the parts lower and on a rotisserie. Same for painting.
Thanks boys, I just helped my bro find TDC and restart his wrangler that had been down for a few years due to his laziness and an unbeknownst to him bad PCM.

So I haven't pulled too far away just yet. I am weening myself off the opiates and getting thoughts of the Yeti plowing through snow banks. I'm not down for the count, and trying to be helpful to my bro and that POS TJ. I do plan on ordering the painting supplies as soon as he is out of the garage. I gotta have something to do once the hard cast gets put on around thanksgiving: 4 to 6 weeks after that and some rehab and I'll be back at it.

I could be worse: all of my life's possessions and loved ones could be on fire. Good luck and stay strong Nor Cal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT99XJ View Post
I’m curious as to your ABS mounting mod and how it works with the ZJ sensors. I don’t want to splice together another set of sensors so I’m thinking about doing this.
I am gonna look into it and see what I need to get 'er done. My dad had a tap and die kit laying around somewhere in his garage. I may just splice, solder, and shrink wrap 'em. It all depends on the plugs in the harnesses.

Modified Grand Cherokee of The Month
- October 2013 - March 2016 - August 2017 -

Last edited by DaingMaing; 11-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.
DaingMaing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #363
XJSuperman
Veteran

Garage

Glad to hear you are pushing to be active still. Keep after it

2001 XJ: 4" lift (MetalCloak CAs, Tuff Country coils, IRO aal), 31x10.50r15 Cooper STT Pros, TruTrac 4.10 front, Spartan locked 4.10 rear, SYE, custom gas tank skid, Durango steering box, Yakima roof rack on custom bars, WickedBilt LED lighting, 784 injectors, Afe intake, OBA, more soon!

1948 Sears utility trailer project

YouTube channel: XJSUPERMAN
XJSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2018, 10:43 PM   #364
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

Got this for christmas. The one I have is light gray, and this one will match the dark charcoal of my digi-camo headliner. Sweet! Now to find the niner MPG headsup display in the same color.

Old 12-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #365
CT99XJ
Captain of the Nine

Garage

You're looking for the one that's in front of the sunroof?

August 2018 Stock Grand Cherokee of the Month

CT99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #366
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

I am currently working on a lot from an online merchant that does have the MPG headsup display (the one in front of the Sunroof) as well as the passenger side door card, the leather shifter handle, the leather transfer case handle, leather e-brake handle, all of the interior pillar fascia, and the holy **** bars all around; for about $200 shipped.

He says he has all of it, and it looks like I will finally have all of the interior trim agate pieces in the next week!

I figured I could get them all for about $100 locally, but niners are hard to come by out here. That color trim package is getting difficult to find, if not rare. It may have been a year or two until I saw one in a yard anywhere nearby.

I am stoked and am calling it my christmas present to myself. I've been a good soldier all year, and deserve it. Well, at least the Yeti deserves it.

Once I can actually stand and walk close to normal, I have a lot to get done before the spring/early summer wheeling season starts. I'm headed back to Telluride in the early summer for our annual bluegrass festival(3rd week of June), and will be staying for a few weeks to get some wheeling done all proper like!

Last edited by DaingMaing; 12-26-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:20 PM   #367
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

Pulled the trigger on the 5.9 limited interior trim.

This links back to a couple of interior shots:

https://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f...ml#post1083170

Last edited by DaingMaing; 12-28-2018 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 04:19 PM   #368
XJSuperman
Veteran

Garage

Sweet!

2001 XJ: 4" lift (MetalCloak CAs, Tuff Country coils, IRO aal), 31x10.50r15 Cooper STT Pros, TruTrac 4.10 front, Spartan locked 4.10 rear, SYE, custom gas tank skid, Durango steering box, Yakima roof rack on custom bars, WickedBilt LED lighting, 784 injectors, Afe intake, OBA, more soon!

1948 Sears utility trailer project

YouTube channel: XJSUPERMAN
XJSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #369
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

So I managed to get most of the internal fascia installed in to the Yeti, but found myself in a cursing the jeep engineers moment last night on my way to the poker tournament.

I was lucky enough to find out that if you replace the ceiling mounted MPG/Temp display computer and install a different one: Your key FOBs will no longer work for the vehicle. The receiver for the FOBs must be in and frequentcies stored in the same said module's memory. I connected the new one and they didn't work.

I tried to reinstall the original and thought it would work but it didn't. Now I get to try and find a stealership that still has a DRB III tool so I can get them reprogrammed again.

The way I found out was after I opened the door thinking the security wasn't armed but it was. It took a good five minutes of the alarm going off before I could get the old computer in and realized that that wasn't going to work. Then I remembered that cycling the door lock on the driver's door three times disengages the security alarm. Gawd, I was soooo pissed.

Last edited by DaingMaing; 01-11-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:53 PM   #370
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

Did some more metal prep today. Mostly just removing all of the crappy welds I did and prepped it for a proper deep stick weld tomorrow. It's all lined up and tacked into place. I really shaved some metal off it today. Six months and nine screws later, I'm actually able to get working on the yeti again.

Last edited by DaingMaing; 04-06-2019 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #371
JandDGreens
Veteran

Default What's up?

Hey just wondering how things are going? Still going to be able to do your trip to Tulluride in June? How's your rig coming along?
JandDGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:44 AM   #372
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

I'm getting back on my feet finally and trying to get this axle back in the works. I will be flying to Telluride in June. I am aiming for November to be back in Telluride to live.

I will have the axles rebuilt, regeared, new 1-ton steering, and WJ brake conversion done by July hopefully. Right now, the grinding down of the previous welds revealed that the welder was not hot enough to create the ideal welds. I am finding sporadic small cracks in the structural welds for the control arm brackets and on some of the track bar relocation bracket. I'll be spending several hours tomorrow grinding down more welds in prep for a properly hot stick weld on Sunday. Hopefully, next week I'll have the welds cleaned up and the axle prepped for POR-15 treatment. At least three coats.

From there it's a crap shoot how long the rebuild, regear, and install will take for both axles. I intend to start with the rear D-44. I had it all cleaned and painted before realizing it needed more internal work. I had to leave it off for the summer after my dad got deathly ill.

I've been on a rollercoaster before and after my accident at work. The law ****ing sucks and do not ever get seriously hurt at work. You have fewer rights than an illegal alien in terms of received healthcare: let alone any form of fair compensation. Everyone around you is making a killing and you get maybe 70% of what you were making before. You might get the use of your whatever back but pain and suffering are not paid for in this state.

Things are getting better all the time! lol!

Good to see you still got out over the winter. I'm looking forward to this vacation in June. I ****ing need it badly. My mental capacity for the amount of ******** I can deal with at one time is falling to ****.

Last edited by DaingMaing; 04-13-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:56 AM   #373
JandDGreens
Veteran

Sorry you have gone through so much! Hope you do get to get away to enjoy Telluriade and at least soften the troubles for a while.

I am looking forward to this summer. With my new job having May 25 through August 8 off will lend to some pretty great trips. Wife and I have so much planned. I hope to fit in as much overlanding/trail runs as I can.

I'm going to try and finish putting my front suspension together this weekend. If I do I will try and get my rear leaf springs swapped out the next weekend. And see what my ride sits like. (Hoping it's level or a little rake). It would be nice if it is road worthy enough with out having to swap out the t-case just yet. I'm jonzen for some time up in the mountains before I get into the next phase of mods.

Moving back to Telluride soon? Do you have work lined up there? And a place to hang your hat? I think that would be a great place to live. It is getting so exspensive to live here in Denver (pretty much Colorado in general) my two younger kids are working hard to get out of debt so they can relize the dream (sort-a-speak) it is so hard for your generation.

Hope you get things turned around and maybe some day we can bump into each other down there in the most beautiful place on earth in my oppinion (Apline loop area). Cheers, David
JandDGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #374
DaingMaing
Veteran

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandDGreens View Post
Moving back to Telluride soon? Do you have work lined up there? And a place to hang your hat? I think that would be a great place to live. It is getting so exspensive to live here in Denver (pretty much Colorado in general) my two younger kids are working hard to get out of debt so they can relize the dream (sort-a-speak) it is so hard for your generation.
I plan on moving back for the upcoming ski season. Anyone can just walk into town and get work whenever they want. You just have to be willing to work. You will probably have to live in a neighbouring town and commute. I have had a foothold in town since 1999. I can get work and find a place to sleep just about anytime I want to.

It is getting expensive everywhere, but even more so than in Telluride proper. Their idea of government assisted housing is 1,200 a month for a two bedroom apt; if you get lucky enough to get one within the two/three-year waiting list.

It's good to see you're still plugging away at the jeep. Hopefully, we will get together sometime in the next few years for a high altitude trail run!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum > Jeep Cherokee Forums > Jeep Builds