Jeep Cherokee Forum

Jeep Cherokee Forum (https://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/)
-   Cherokee of the Month (https://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f30/)
-   -   Modified Cherokee of The Month- March 2019 (https://www.cherokeetalk.com/forum/f30/modified-cherokee-month-march-2019-a-73749/)

Gluckmysock 03-05-2019 08:34 PM

Modified Cherokee of The Month- March 2019

We are now accepting entries into Modified Cherokee Of The Month.

Provide us with some pictures of your Jeep and as much information as you can. We will add the poll after we have received (5) entries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeep Of The Month Rules for the Modified Category:

* To qualify for modified class Jeeps must have 2.5" or more lift and 31" or Bigger tires.

* Mods will announce and open up a new thread for submissions each month

* Must be an active member of CT to participate

* Must include a minimum of 2 photos and a maximum of 5 photos and info as listed below

* Entries will be accepted until the 25th. Merry Christmas

* Entries may be closed early if there are too many entries for the current month

* There will be a maximum of five (5) entries to be voted on per month

* Mods will open up a poll so that members may vote for their favorite Jeep

* Winners to be announced on the 1st of the following month

* Any Jeep not selected as a winner is free to enter again in following months.

* In case of a tie the moderators will decide the winner.

* Rules may be changed, modified, added or removed as deemed necessary by the moderators of this forum

* Winners must wait 1 year from date of winning before entering again

*The winners of each month will be put into a COTY (the year) poll- At mods discretion

Mods will choose up to five (5) Jeeps of those nominated below to be voted on by board members

To nominate a Jeep, please supply the following information:

* Year:

* Model:

* Engine:

* Mods/Custom Stuff:

* Other Info:

* Photos:

Good Luck!

2slw4u 03-09-2019 06:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Year:1992
Model: Cherokee Laredo
Engine: 4.6L Stroker from Golen Engines
Mods/Custom Stuff: 5.5" Rubicon Express Lift springs, Iron Rock Offroad Longarms. Bilstein 5100s. Homebrew heim steering upgrade. CavFab Over axle track bar(soon to go on). Eaton E-locked front, Lock-rite Rear locker. 4.56 gears. SYE with Front and Rear Adams Driveshafts. Grand Cherokee rear disc brakes. Homebrew Rear swing carrier and bumper. Homebrew Front bumper. Spectre cowl intake. IronMan motor mounts. Homebrew rocker sliders. 35x12.50R15 BFG ATs.
Other Info: 10lb Powertank for onboard air. Train horn with compressor and small air tank. Custom StarWars headliner :badgerslayer::badgerslayer:. 98 center console because why not. custom made relay/fuse box and switch panel for lightbars and cooling fan. 96 A/C upgrade(i.e. compressor, condenser lines etc.)

Photos: Ill get pictures are a little old need new ones this summer. And of course my jeep was at my wedding :rock:

TheBoogieman 03-11-2019 07:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
* Year: 1999

* Model: XJ classic

* Engine: 4.0L

* Mods/Custom Stuff: 5" BDS lift - Black Magic brakes - 33x12.50 Dick Cepek extreme country tires on Tactik black satin steel wheels

* Other Info: AW4/NP231/Chrysler 8.25/Dana HP30- Tried to keep the stock look and cut as little as possible (for now)

* Photos:

Gluckmysock 03-11-2019 08:07 AM

Veddy Nice!

TheBoogieman 03-11-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluckmysock (Post 1148921)
Veddy Nice!

Thanks.:hi:

Gluckmysock 03-11-2019 08:32 AM

5.5" lift. Still on short control arms?

TheBoogieman 03-11-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluckmysock (Post 1148927)
5.5" lift. Still on short control arms?

Actually it's 4" front/ 5" rear. I spent all my money on my Rubicon and I'm trying to fix this one up as money permits. I drive this one much more as my DD.

Gluckmysock 03-11-2019 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 1148929)
Actually it's 4" front/ 5" rear. I spent all my money on my Rubicon and I'm trying to fix this one up as money permits. I drive this one much more as my DD. My brother wants my Rubi and he also has a lifted 2015 4 door JK that he rarely drives (6,500 miles). He has the one thing I don't....MONEY.

BDS is good stuff. How is the ride?

TheBoogieman 03-11-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluckmysock (Post 1148931)

Like most of the nitro shocks I've tried, great offroad and on big stuff, but I can run over a quarter on the street and tell if it's heads or tails. I love the Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks on my Rubicon. It's nice to click a tab and adjust them for the terrain you're on. I got them with only 3000 street miles on craigslist for $120 for all four. Otherwise I couldn't afford them.

Gluckmysock 03-11-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 1148933)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluckmysock (Post 1148931)

Like most of the nitro shocks I've tried, great offroad and on big stuff, but I can run over a quarter on the street and tell if it's heads or tails. I love the Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks on my Rubicon. It's nice to click a tab and adjust them for the terrain you're on. I got them with only 3000 street miles on craigslist for $120 for all four. Otherwise I couldn't afford them.

Nice. I'm running worn out doestech. I real every bump! I'll get new ones when I upgrade to 4.5". That's for the tip on the ranchos.n

TheBoogieman 03-11-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gluckmysock (Post 1148941)
Nice. I'm running worn out doestech. I real every bump! I'll get new ones when I upgrade to 4.5". That's for the tip on the ranchos.n

Sure thing. I've tried so many bad riding shocks on my 18 Jeeps over the years. I've heard good things about the less expensive Rancho rs5000X shocks on TJ forums. Nothing like the crap riding old rs5000 shocks without the "X". I haven't tried them personally, so I can't give an honest opinion. Nice to be a new member here. :thumbsup:

Gluckmysock 03-11-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 1148943)
Sure thing. I've tried so many bad riding shocks on my 18 Jeeps over the years. I've heard good things about the less expensive Rancho rs5000X shocks on TJ forums. Nothing like the crap riding old rs5000 shocks without the "X". I haven't tried them personally, so I can't give an honest opinion. Nice to be a new member here. :thumbsup:

Nice to have you here!

Cherokee4LIF3 03-11-2019 09:40 PM

Those are some nice rides to choose from this month!

2slw4u 03-12-2019 08:54 PM

Love the GOLD! don't see too many gold ones anymore! nice build my friend

2slw4u 03-12-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 1148943)

look into bilstein shocks seriously, out of all my friends jeeps, mine rides the best because of the shocks. definite worth spending a little extra :)