Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 01 jeep XJ automatic transmission 4.0 for a couple of months now I’ve had a no buss And would not start I checked my 5 V reference add all the connectors that was good. On the cluster the gas gauge and volt meter did not work. I tried a different cluster no change. I changed the crank positioning sensor still would not start. So I got a PCM installed now the Jeep starts runs for a few seconds then shuts down check fuel pressure get about 45–47 psi. When it starts I can keep it running with starter fluid.Any ideas what I can check next fuel injectors? What should I be looking for? Any help would be appreciated kind of at a standstill right now.

·
Super Moderator
13,505 Posts
the biggest complaint people have of these wonderful jeeps is the electrical problems. People have struggled for so long they windup selling it. With the right tools, EVERY problem can be solved. It's just they aren't found in a book. I will start with my personal experience with a crank no start condition. I pulled the wiring apart from bumper to bumper, replaced the ECM and countless other sensor. My biggest clue was no communication on the OBD. When I unplugged my Cam Position Sensor, I got my gauges back and OBD communication. I replaced the sensor an she started right up. albeit smokey till all the excess fuel got burned. not saying this is your problem, since you don't have a distributor like I did, but you still have a cam sensor, which is used for fuel timing. Can't hurt to just go out and unplug the cam sensor and see if your gauges work. No sure what the problem was, I'm taking a SWAG (Scientific, Wild Ass Guess) that the sensor shorted internally to ground and that affected the internal grounds in the ECM and jacked up the other stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts