Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03' GC WJ never had Fog Lights from the factory.

After watching some YouTube videos about replacing Fog Lights on 03' Jeep WJ', I noticed that the front bumper where the Fog Lights mount are different than the one I have.

The openings where the fog lights mount are the same shape and size, (I already have the Lens Assemblies and I know they will fit into the openings after cutting the horizontal plastic bars out), but the bumpers that have the factory installed Fog Lights have mounting formed or built onto the bumper with mounting holes where the fog light lens assembly attaches.
Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Eyewear Vehicle
Grille Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
From YouTube Video On My 03' GC

I will have to Modify my Bumper to Install the OEM Style Fog Light Assemblies
Has anyone here done this on a WJ with this shape OEM Fog Light? Any Ideas on how to go about modifying my Bumper? Is there a way to use only plastic and plastic weld to build mounts? Is the Bumper plastic weldable at all?

It is easy enough for me to remove the Bumper, so that won't be a problem.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I may have my old cover and lights at home . I'll check and post a pic if need

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 03' GC WJ never had Fog Lights from the factory.

After watching some YouTube videos about replacing Fog Lights on 03' Jeep WJ', I noticed that the front bumper where the Fog Lights mount are different than the one I have.

The openings where the fog lights mount are the same shape and size, (I already have the Lens Assemblies and I know they will fit into the openings after cutting the horizontal plastic bars out), but the bumpers that have the factory installed Fog Lights have mounting formed or built onto the bumper with mounting holes where the fog light lens assembly attaches.
From YouTube Video On My 03' GC

I will have to Modify my Bumper to Install the OEM Style Fog Light Assemblies
Has anyone here done this on a WJ with this shape OEM Fog Light? Any Ideas on how to go about modifying my Bumper? Is there a way to use only plastic and plastic weld to build mounts? Is the Bumper plastic weldable at all?

It is easy enough for me to remove the Bumper, so that won't be a problem.
I may have my old cover and lights at home . I'll check and post a pic if need
Thanks wjlizard.

I am not sure what you mean by "covers" though, so A picture would be nice.

I already have complete OEM type Fog Light assemblies.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Sorry been busy lost 8 trees last week and been trying to get cleaned up. I was just referring to the bumper cover. I dont think the non-fog light covers had the mounting points for the light you may have to get creative or get a bumper cover from a junkyard. I'll try to remember tonight sorry....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts