Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped some work with my boss for this 14 bolt rear axle. It's out of a 2000 G3500 van.

It will make a good rear axle for my other rig that is eventually getting rebuilt for 40's..... or bigger :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
it's certainly not an mj is it? the back looks too stubby on the cab.

nice score! (more pics of the truck please?)

·
Registered
412 Posts
That's 'Xota'? Or something like that... Toy cab/frame, jeep suspension and axles, XJ front clip molded in so it looks 'like' a MJ.

Good choice... Gonna need a shave. I've been rethinking my rear end and I might go 14B FF... What gear ratio have you got? 4.56s were easy enough to find in those things. And some even got detroits!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's the Xota, I built it a couple years ago and it is a 87 Toyota cab and the frame is toyota from the firewall back.

When I rolled a Cherokee a few years back, I was looking for an MJ to put my drivetrain into, but I couldn't find one (cheap). When I came across the stripped Toyota (it was just a body and frame) for $50. The hybrid abomination idea was born :)

The Engine, electrical, transmission, transfer case, dash and front clip were all used from the rolled cherokee. Most of the time I wheeled it, there was full size Waggy axles under it.

Last March I rolled this truck on the highway going to Moab, twisted the axles out from under the truck and did some damage to the Exo.

Yeah I know, my nickname is Rollfrog in our local club the Rock Frogs.

So I decided when I rebuild it this time, it's gonna have 1 ton axles, huge tires and be a trailer queen.

A build thread would take many pages, here's a few pic's though

Here's a video of it in Moab 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAO8cQO3uME

1 - 9 of 9 Posts