Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back... Extreme 4x4 did an episode on converting a 14 bolt rear end into a front end... My question is if anybody knows what the knuckles they used were off of???? Figured somebody could possibly, just maybe might have it TIVO'ed or somethin..

Thanks!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
its a stupid idea. they did just so you can be like "OMG I HAVE A 14 BOLT FRONT" no reason not to run a 60... what size tires you plan on running?

·
Registered
260 Posts
A front 14 bolt would only benefit u if u were runnin 42`s or bigger....it gives up to much ground clearance...plus it s hella heavy.My buddy has on in the rear of his tj w/37`s and it gets hung up on everything....things a rock anchor.....very strong though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Awhile back... Extreme 4x4 did an episode on converting a 14 bolt rear end into a front end... My question is if anybody knows what the knuckles they used were off of???? Figured somebody could possibly, just maybe might have it TIVO'ed or somethin..

Thanks!!
U can download episodes from there site....check it out.....Xtreme 4X4 - Homepage | PowerblockTV

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on running 39.5x13.5 IROKs... I was thinking out building a 14 bolt front was because i have two 14 rears and if I could scavenge some inner and outer knuckles out of a UPULL-IT yard with a sawzall that i would be into a super super strong front for next to nothing..
Im a broke ass college kid lol if i can build something before i buy it i jump on the opportunity!!!

anyone know what axles the used.. probably $5000 dollars worth of custom ones just to kill my "cheap" plan..

·
Registered
378 Posts
The outers on that axle on Xtreme were D60. I don't remember what inner shafts they used though.

·
Registered
672 Posts
like everyone says 60's are the way to go, hell if i had more cash i would have went 60's front and rear. if there not near brand new condition forget about trying to do it cheap. it will still run you over $2000 easy after a rebuild kit,new rotors ,u-joints ,gears ,misc. things and lockers (if you choose) unless you just make custom perches and mounts .what size wheels you running? 15'' 16'' 17''? youll need to still fit the rotors and calipers in there too. i still think it sounds cool though and live custom ANYTHING.!! go for it buddy!! :cheers:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no bigger than 16s.. as for all the parts to rebuild it... the secret is to open commercial accounts with all the auto part stores and make buddy buddy with the guys at the UPULL-IT yards ;) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts