Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! My wife's 19 Cherokee limited is acting up. Trying to diagnose myself before I take it to the dealer. The driver side door is stating it ajar but it's completely closed. This keeps the dome lights on, the check engine light is on and the Active start/stop is disabled due to the door ajar warning. I looked for a sensor for the door to see if it was stuck but I'm not seeing anything that jumps out at me.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
I think this is best done under warranty if you still have it. None of us have anything that new or any literature on it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What happens when you push the button (that your door should compress when closed) with your finger? (there may be TWO buttons that your door compresses when closed)

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Generally it breaks the circuit for the dome light. IIRC, there should be another switch inside the door lock mechanism that indicates door ajar

·
Registered
20 Posts
The reason I asked is because my older (95) Grand Cherokee has TWO switches....the one on the front door pillar controls the dome lights....the one on the BACK door pillar (a little harder to notice) controls the input to the display for 'door ajar' message.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts