Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Here's a couple more after

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
To cold here for tank tops now, but not for shorts! I'll be out of hoodies and in tank tops in a couple of months.

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
Antigrave adapters :D

Do you use your phone? If you do you need to make sure the phone is in the proper position or that will happen

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Antigrave adapters :D

Do you use your phone? If you do you need to make sure the phone is in the proper position or that will happen
Yes I use my phone and that is most likely the problem. :brickwall:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Tank Top weather here today and again tomorrow :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
No shorts or tank top today. Temps dropped more than 30 degrees today. 82 Sunday 49 today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Supposed to get down to a bone chilling 63 here tonight.

·
Administrator
6,410 Posts
Sits just right with the spacers. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Sits just right with the spacers. :thumbsup:
Yes I love the look with the wider stance. Doesn't really change anything much for me off-road where I am as it is trails and mud. Side note my Guard Dog tires do great in the mud. My Jeep just drives through without any drama and if it starts to bog down a quick blip of the gas cleans them out fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Started installing my RADesigns Rail II shifter. I installed the torque converter lock switch and the Auto/Manual switch on the stock shifter bezel. The shifter is next to the parking brake. 1st gear to the top. It will work like the reverse shifter I had in my last race car. Guess once a drag racer always a drag racer. Still need to finish up the wiring and replace the solenoids in the transmission. My auto shifting problem traced out to be the 2ed gear solenoid. I have all new solenoids and a new filter for the transmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Need some covers or protective hoops for your switches. Looks great. I am going to need to get a similar shifter if I do the engine swap Im dreaming of.

A cheap idea for "hoops" is to use small ubolts between the switches.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Need some covers or protective hoops for your switches. Looks great. I am going to need to get a similar shifter if I do the engine swap Im dreaming of.

A cheap idea for "hoops" is to use small ubolts between the switches.
Good tip on the u bolts, I never thought of that. My XJ is starting to look like the Huey I flew on in the Army. Thing is that every switch has a function and is fully functional. If I add anything else I may have to install an overhead switch panel.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I prefer the red flip-covers myself, but either them or the hoops are a must-have for that type of switch IMO.

Yeah my Jeep looks like an airplane too. Even my grandfather used to shake his head and ask aloud why I was making my car look like a plane... That was 4 years ago, and now he's gone, but I can still see him (a veteran who wanted to be a pilot) shaking his head and laughing at me with that stupid little grin on his face.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Been using the Jeep on the farm. Pulled my daughter and her friends out of the woods a few times. Having fun wheeling on the farm. We have miles of roads and trails. Mud is the big challenge here but we do have a few hill climbs. Most recent upgrade was added extended rear shackles to lift the back a little. Springs sagging, no surprise with the add-a-leaves. Not difficult all but one bolt came out easily, had to heat the nut on the driver's spring bushing with the torch to get it started. Put everything back together with a nudge or two from the dead blow hammer and I was done. Shackle angle is ok. Lifted the rear a inch or so. Stopped the little rubbing I had on the rear when crossed up on obstacles. Ride is still the same.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Want to update on my Treadwright Guard Dogs. Never been stuck, handles the mud here without difficulty. My XJ goes and recovers my daughter and her friends 4 wheelers. They fear to tread where the Jeep goes to play. Plus I can carry enough corn to load all our feeders in one trip. Takes my daughter 3 trips in her side by side. On my list to upgrade is a Aussie locker for the front and I have the parts to rebuild my rear Trac-Loc in the dana 35. Don't want to spend much money on the 35 as I plan on upgrading to a 8 1/4 when I get the money and time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I was looking at some of your old pics and noticed your voltage gauge reads around 15 amps. How are you able to get it to run so high. I think mine lingers around 12 or 13.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I have a 165 amp aftermarket alternator and 2/0 battery cables I made. I also have extra grounds on the system. Before I upgraded the alternator and cables my factory gauge read 10-13 volts and my aftermarket gauge read 12-13 volts. After the upgrade they both read the same. Putting a meter on the alternator output shows 14.6-14.8 volts. Keeps my battery well charged even when using the winch. The charging systems on the XJ, espically Renix era, is under engineered and really benifits from good cables and a high output alternator.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

What does your rig look like from the side now that you lifted it with the new shackles?

By the way nice job on those Turbines! I really like those. I would never replace them on your vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Here you go a couple before and after. Not a huge difference but my tires don't rub in the back any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Did you get those Solid Diff covers for Christmas?

81 - 100 of 126 Posts