Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Yes I got the SOLID diff covers. I'm holding off putting them on. I've got the parts to rebuild my rear Trac-Loc and new steering and bump stops for the front. I'll do the covers when I do the other parts. I'm still not too mobile from the accident in August so I only do small things right now.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Congratulations on becoming a Moderator! I missed the announcement.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thanks it just happened, haven't even gotten all my access as of yet.

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
Congrats, I missed that as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
When I started the Jeep several years ago i wrote out a list on my pad of what I had to do and what I wanted to do. Well that list kept growing and I was having a hard time keeping it straight, so I wrote it out larger after a year or so. The last couple of years I've been picking away at the list. Not done by a long shot, is a project Jeep ever done? Thought I'd post it here for all to see. I find it does keep me somewhat goal oriented but you know things happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
670 Posts
Congratulations on the Moderators appointment. You’re list has surely grown much shorter. But as you know it will never get completed because there will always be something added to it.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thank you and you are so right. The list doesn't include everything I did when I got it just to get it running.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Beginning pic and current.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,064 Posts
Big improvement :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Yes, I think it is too. Sometimes when I get bogged down with issues I look at the pics from when I got it and realize how far I've come with it.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Looks great

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Do you have a part no. and link to the 165 amp alternator you installed. Was it a direct fit or did you have to modify. Is it still mounted on the bottom. I am thinking your OEM alternator mounted in the same place as mine. Can you post a pic of it installed.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Not much progress lately due to work and honey do projects. Got out yesterday and did a little update. My wife got this for me awhile back and just finally got it installed. Great way to add a little extra visability to the brake lights. It's a Rugged Ridge product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How’s that get wired? I have an idea to do something similar but In a custom design in my back window, using those 5v flexible “neon” strings

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #115 (Edited)
It's a direct wire 12 volt item. LEDs being what they are most likely good 6-24 volts. I already put LED bulbs in my taillights so everything works well together. Just wired to the brake light wire and a good ground. The ring is a direct fit for a TJ and has the plug to replace the existing 3rd brake light.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Installed some new LED headlights in the old girl. No name Amazon specials but look and made just like Truck-lites. Took about 15 minutes start to finish. All I can say is WOW!! What a difference in light over my old H4s.

Also crawled under to put a pipe where some miscreants took my catalytic converter out. Temporary fix until I get a new converter. Also a 10 minute fix. Seems to be a big thing where I live. They get good money from the recyclers.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Finally decided to put the Bullbar on the XJ. Got a great deal off Amazon, almost $20 off and free shipping with Prime. Not hard to install, clearances a little tight on 2 of the bolts on the passenger side due to where i mounted my vacuum reservoir and my winch. After unfolding the reservoir no problem, I tried without moving it but couldn't get my wrench on the nut. Everything bolted up fine after I started my brain. Mounted 2 sets of lights but unsure if I'm leaving it that way, almost too many options.

Well the bar is heavy and the coating matches the bumper perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Looking good .

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Finished is a good term for the change. Still on the fence about the 4 lights. Time will tell.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts