Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo that I bought in 1996; it's automatic 4.0L inline 6 cylinder. I have a mechanic that recommended I replace the engine wire harness. He recommended that I look into locating the wire harness for him to install because he might incur time (an fees) to search for the part. Where do you recommend I search for this part?

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
My guess would be to call your local junkyards first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess would be to call your local junkyards first.
Thanks for the input. I could go that route, but I would be concerned that going to a junkyard might get me wires that are over 30 years old and therefore, worn. I don't mind paying more for new parts and wasn't sure if there was a good source (e.g., website) to purchase such a part.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I dont know of a XJ specific new harness. My only other thought would be PAINLESS.That is the name of the company. They do carry alot of different wiring systems give them a shot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dont know of a XJ specific new harness. My only other thought would be PAINLESS That is the name of the company. They do carry a lot of different wiring systems give them a shot.
I called Painless several months ago about this and they do not have a specific harness for the Renix XJ's. if you go to Cruiser.54.com ha explains a LOT about the Renix models and specific areas that need "attention"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts