Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4 with the automatic I bought the Jeep with this problem thinking it would be a easy fix well I thought wrong if you start the Jeep when it’s cold it will start right up and idle but it it’s not the best idle it idles around 450rpm and if you put it in drive it will idle and can drive off but when you come to stop it will die every time unless you come to a stop and ride the gas and brake but if you let off the gas it will does but it will start right back up iv checked file pressure it’s 35psi at idle and I replaced the IAC valve and TPS and adjusted replaced spark plugs and wire and distributor cap and rotor button crank sensor

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Answered in your other post

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 4x4 with the automatic I bought the Jeep with this problem thinking it would be a easy fix well I thought wrong if you start the Jeep when it’s cold it will start right up and idle but it it’s not the best idle it idles around 450rpm and if you put it in drive it will idle and can drive off but when you come to stop it will die every time unless you come to a stop and ride the gas and brake but if you let off the gas it will does but it will start right back up iv checked file pressure it’s 35psi at idle and I replaced the IAC valve and TPS and adjusted replaced spark plugs and wire and distributor cap and rotor button crank sensor
Hello, did you figured out what was wrong? I have the same problem. please let me know. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts