Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please bear with me as I am not the most mechanically inclined:

I have a ‘91 jeep Cherokee that has been having issues. Late winter/early spring I went to start it and the battery was dead. No big deal, pull it out, tender it, and when the tender said it was good to go I put it back in, no issue. Get behind the drivers seat, turn the key to pre-glow it (not needed, but a habit from driving my truck), the lights all came on, no red flags. Went to turn it over, it made a pop/click similar to when you hit a light switch, no lights, no turn over, no nothing.

I replaced the starter three or four years ago, and I have all the records of its maintenance, it has been in Colorado for all but the last two years, and unfortunately, I don’t have a way to get it to a mechanic even if anyone had any availability. So here I am on the internet…

Does anyone have any ideas about what issue it could be? Or is this the sort of thing you cannot diagnose or figure out over the internet? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
10,527 Posts
That sounds like a classic bad connection with the battery cables. Clean the cables and posts, check and clean the battery cable ground and it should be OK. But, pay particular attention to the cables where they attach to the connectors. They can corrode inside the insulation and connection

1 - 2 of 2 Posts