Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XJ runs and drives perfectly down the road but I have to manually shift the gears. Can’t find anyone else’s input on this. Got a New TPS coming. But did try a old one and does the same thing. Any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
My XJ runs and drives perfectly down the road but I have to manually shift the gears. Can’t find anyone else’s input on this. Got a New TPS coming. But did try a old one and does the same thing. Any input would be appreciated
Wait on the new one. Have a 92 and it did the same thing. Ordered a new one off ebay and still wouldnt shift. Gave up for a while till i read the codes using ignition key. Came up with code 24. Went to my local parts house and baught a new one from them and it fixed my problem. Was very happy afterwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I just bought the Jeep guy said it had transmission problems just cuz how it was shifting manually only. Ended up checking the TCM behind the glove box. And the TCM was Unplugged. Plugged it in and problem was fixed! Man I got lucky!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swapped the trans cuz I thought it needed new Shift solenoids. And I got the trans for cheap. And did the same thing. Ended up checking the TCM which I shoulda done first. And the damn thing ended up being unplugged. Snapped it in and everything is good. Now I got a spare trans for 150$ lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts