Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to add bigger tires. Have 225/75/15 on them now. Looking to add a 2 inch lift. Any recommendations

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Nope, body lifts are for full framed vehicles. Yours is uni-body. Sorry suspension lift is your only option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would I need a new set of rims. Or will the factory work with the 30x9.5

·
Registered
211 Posts
Least expensive and easiest way it to put add a lift spring in rear and 2 inch block on front springs. At that point 30x9.5 tire does well
Add a leafs are tricky, mine was 2" I ended up with More like 4, and it also caused a different rear pinion angle, that I had to correct. If the leafs are good, do a extendedshackle in the rear, or shackle relocation brackets will also give you 2" in the rear on factory shackles. And the relocation brackets will provide a softer ride, with better shackle angle

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered new tires and wheels. New pics in a couple of days ! Still thinking on 2 inch lift. Was told don’t buy rough country.

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Rough country does get a lot of hate. But I've heard they have gotten better lately

Zone off road is good.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Zone is good stuff, there is a site liftkits4less they sell complete kits for affordable prices, like a complete kit for $500 I'm pretty sure

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got zone stuff on my rig, if I had to do it over I would have just bought the whole kit, instead of peicing stuff together, it's addictive. 2" is hard to do without stopping that's what happened to me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got zone stuff on my rig, if I had to do it over I would have just bought the whole kit, instead of peicing stuff together, it's addictive. 2" is hard to do without stopping that's what happened to me
Haha that’s what I’ve heard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I love my 4.5" lift, and my 31s have so much room, didn't have to trim. But the next set I'll have will be 33/10.50s. I dunno, mine is a DD but can kick it when needed. I guess it depends how well you want it perform for your purpose.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love my 4.5" lift, and my 31s have so much room, didn't have to trim. But the next set I'll have will be 33/10.50s. I dunno, mine is a DD but can kick it when needed. I guess it depends how well you want it perform for your purpose.
Mines only 2wd. Just trying to make it look sharp for my son.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts