Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys in my 1998 jeep Cherokee sport only the drivers side power windows work. With only the drivers side master switch and my power locks do not work at all on any button. I have a remote to open them up. it sends the signal to open them up because it beeps and the lights flash but it's as if there is no power going to anything on the door locks what could it be. The front passenger switch? Or the main switch, or wiring (hopefully not that one)

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
The usual culprit on that is the child door lock disable button. There is an internal part that goes bad. Take the two wires for it and splice them together and it should fix it.

·
Super Moderator
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the power windows don't work club. I had simular problems with mine and after futile trouble shooting and repair attempts I converted to manual regulators of the windows and manual locks. They work great now and will never have electrical problems with them again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The usual culprit on that is the child door lock disable button. There is an internal part that goes bad. Take the two wires for it and splice them together and it should fix it.
but my back drivers side window goes down so doesn't that tell me the child lock is not engaged

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
OK, then probably a bad driver door switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts