Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 grand 4.0 #2 misfire y wont the other cyl on that coil misfire so am I looking at injector prob?
New Plugs have been put in #2 looked a bit fouled. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
From what you say, probably. Change injectors and start it and see what code you get

Reactions: Jay J P

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what you say, probably. Change injectors and start it and see what code you get
Tested injectors with ohm meter 13.8 which is correct from what I can find. So what's next?
Will pull coil rail and ohm test those

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Check the pigtail connections, do a compression test, get a noid light and verify the injector is getting signal, swap injectors from one cyl to another, check spark plugs. All those will be helpful in some way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok on the same note I think fuel line to fuel rail is junk how do I repair that the push on stainless connector

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
So you know the connector is shot?

·
Premium Member
9,668 Posts
First, it takes a special tool to make those release. Hard even with those. You could replace the whole thing with ferule connectors from the plumbing section.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Those rails aren't that expensive to replace.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
ok on the same note I think fuel line to fuel rail is junk how do I repair that the push on stainless connector
Recently replaced my supply line to the fuel rail due to a bad connector. Found what I needed at autozone. Wasnt fun to replace, but it doesn't leak and stays connected now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts