Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Not sure exactly what your asking? What motor?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It a 4L inline fuel-injected, 2000 great Cherokee lardo, sorry for not including motor info..
I trying to hook up vacuum lines. got 2 from the valve cover& I see the air reserve from the tank in front of the engine, don't know where climate, cruise, 4*4 axle are, and I didn't see a connection on or around map sensor, hope you get a better understanding from my notes. Thanks for responding Sir

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If it is anything like an '00 XJ with a 4.0 I believe it is just the little hose underneath.
See it sticking out of the bottom here.

That is not for your Jeep. Just to give you an idea of where it is.

The part number for the elbow is 53009672 for an '00 XJ.

I believe that an '00 WJ uses the same map sensor so assume it uses the same elbow but.....
Shot below of the elbow itself. Again for my '00 XJ but assuming it is the same.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
I don't think a 2000 had vacuum 4x4. There should be a diagram on the firewall for vacuum lines.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Guys, Your great help!
I don't think a 2000 had vacuum 4x4. There should be a diagram on the firewall for vacuum lines.
The firewall is covered with sound insulation, could you be more specific to be were the digram is on the firewall, please

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
I have a vacuum diagram, but it's on another computer. I should be able to get it tomorrow. Normally they are drivers side, above the brake booster.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Well. this is all I could find on my Alldata. I will do some more digging. Just to make sure. this is for a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) with a 4.0L engine?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I don't know what wj is But the rest of it good. Thanks.
It is the designation of lettering for the model jeep that you have. Using the letters wj will help to better define searches on the interwebs when looking up stuff for your jeep.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Hard to explain but you should have 2 to the valve cover and 1 that goes directly to the intake manifold. It is a very short piece ,maybe 2" long at most . It runs from the bottom of the baffle (don't know the correct term)that is attached directly to your throttle body to the intake directly underneath. Yours may be different due to the fact the Jeep move the vapor canister to the rear bumper in 01 or 02.... post pics if you need more help. My 4.0 is a 2002

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi guy thanks, all you help me for 100 to 2500 miles mone than for lasey friend for 50' to 500 '. I thank all you gentlemen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts