Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a problem since I picked it up from the previous owner. Key fob is lost so I have no keyless entry to try. The drivers side door will unlock all doors and so will passengers side, but neither will lock the doors. All my door's wite harnesses are connected so there shouldn't be a break in the circuits. When I hold down the unlock switch the door chime sounds and it stops as soon as I let go of the switch. I would post a video but it's too large to add. If anyone could offer some insight into what is going on that would be extremely appreciated. Thank Y'all. Contact me if you're confused by anything.

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
Levi, if you want to post a video, post it to YouTube then post the link on our site. If I get what you are saying, you can unlock the doors but not lock them? I think that is just a dirty switch. You might take the switch out and spray some electrical parts cleaner in it and see if that helps

·
Super Moderator
11,147 Posts
Hello. Check the wiring in the boot at the door hinge. These jeeps Are notorious for wiring issues. Grounds mostly, but the wires to the doors are very small, and if that door has been opened a gazillion times they could be broken. Lots and lots of good info on here. A little searching will reveal a ton of info. How many miles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts