Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
For you folks that have 3+" of lift, have you done the slip yoke eliminator or is that something you have to do? I would like to go to a 31" tire and requisite lift and don't know enough about it to know if that's a "must do" "should do" "should do w/ caveats (lots of wheeling etc)" or "not all that necesssary"

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Its HIGHLY recommended. Between 3-4" of lift, each XJ is a little different on how bad the driveline vibes are, but an SYE is easy to do and allows you to use a stock FRONT driveshaft in the REAR. Its handy to have identical driveshafts and your jeep driveline vibes will go away (in most cases). A TC drop is the other option, and it makes everything hang lower (less ground clearance and defeating the purpose of a lift) and it doesn't always cure the vibes. Not recommended.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree with RE, I went with the 4.5 RE front coils. They have a softer ride rate than the 3.5. but I really like how they have wore in, and they are somewhat cushy on concrete, but perform well on gravel, dirt, etc. I netted 4.5, perfect. I peiced all my lift together, some RE, Zone, procomp, teraflex, and RC, but i had to do it again, I would have just sprung for the complete kit RE. Just make sure you get a good track bar, and good lower control arms. Stock vs 4.5 lift on 31's

21 - 24 of 24 Posts