Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Im in need of some help. I just bought a 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited today. Its my first jeep. It has 219,000 mile on it. Runs strong and drives good..... But Im having a little trouble getting a few thing to work that I thought were working but they are not. One is the radio isnt working and its an aftermarket one but Im thinking of goin back to stock to use the cd changer. Another problem is the climate control panel not working. It isnt the manual one. The rear defrost works on it but I dont get the blower to blow air or change where it blows at. I have intermitting starting but I think I have found out what that is. The last two problems are the heated seats dont turn on and the peddles dont move at all. I tried the climate code thing and nothing came up with either unit. Also the cd changer isnt working to take the holder out. I also got a factory radio and it isnt working either.

What could be causing this? I dont want my girlfriend pissed at me if I bought something that is junk when I just got rid of my junked honda accord. Please anyone can you help me? Or is there any jeep guys in South Bend Indiana that could come over and help me fix the problems?

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Hello, and Welcome to the forum and the sickness. I'm not a Grand Cherokee expert, but we do have a few on the forum. Check all your fuses, under the hood and under the dash.

Buy the GF a box of chocolate and tell how excited you are to share the jeep experience with her and part of the experience is working on the jeep. It will be quality time spent together. :D

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
Checked the FSM. Heated seats and audio system are both connected to the Body Control Module. I suspect there may be a problem with that. The bad news is that you cannot check that yourself, it takes specialized equipment. The blend doors not working you may be able to fix. They are vacuum controlled and I suspect that because none of them work, there is a vacuum leak involved. Find it and you will probably have HVAC that works right

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
The climate control may be a vacuum issue if the blend doors are not switching the flow of air. If its a matter of the blower not working, it could be the resistor at the blower motor.

Was the factory radio wiring hacked for the aftermarket radio, or did the PO use a proper install kit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the unit that I have it's not even lighting you at all and the wires where not cut for the aftermarket radio.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
Is there a fuse in the radio? Under the plastic tab under the C2 and C1?

Do you have a pic of the radio wiring? and the back of the heater control?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No fuses on the back of the factory radio.... the fuse on the aftermarket one is good and I can get more pics when I get home

·
Super Moderator
10,284 Posts
No fuses on the back of the factory radio.... the fuse on the aftermarket one is good and I can get more pics when I get home

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I suspect security system could be at work with the radio. The blend doors could also be a vacuum leak issue in the engine compartment, an electrical actuator motor and/or connector at the base of the EVAP unit.

I would suggest a Factory Service Manual and spending some time with the wiring diagram section for most of these problems. Have you checked the power distribution center fuses in the engine compartment yet? One fuse in there could be the culprit for all of your problems.

Or is there any jeep guys in South Bend Indiana that could come over and help me fix the problems?
I'll be back in the NWI/Chesterton Area in mid April hopefully for an axle swap/rebuild and visit with family. If you still have the problem then, I can take a look...

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
My best guess is a plug in your dash isn't connected. You may have to pull your dash. If nothing appears to be getting power and all fuses are good and there is an aftermarket radio in there. The blend doors on the limited and Overland Editions suck and the little gears in there get stripped out but I think yours is a lack of power issue. You may want to start looking for wiring diagrams. Also check your wiring entering the doors they are notorious for breaking and shorting out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The climate control panel doesn't even come on either to do the code test....I'm not sure what the blend doors would have to do with that.

·
Premium Member
9,185 Posts
OK, here are the wiring diagrams for your systems. As I said, the body control module controls a number of things including power to the radio, heated seats and climate control. You really need to have this looked at if you want to fix it

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, here are the wiring diagrams for your systems. As I said, the body control module controls a number of things including power to the radio, heated seats and climate control. You really need to have this looked at if you want to fix it
Thanks i have been looking at them I seen them on wjjeep.com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts