Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,614 Posts
The one on the left is a United States Quarter Dollar. Worth 25 cents US.
The one on the right is a slide contactor plate, and probably part of the electric seat controls.

·
Super Moderator
1,136 Posts
I agree with Gluck it's a contact slider. Any switches suddenly stop working recently? Since yours is so new (for us XJ guys the newest is 16 years old, mine is 28) it may be a random piece left over from assembly at the factory.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
If everything works as it should, i think thats an extra part that goes in the parts bin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here is what happened, I bought the jeep with salvage title, replaced all parts, airbags, seatbelts, but now can't talk to the airbag system, clockspring and airbag control module have been replaced also, so wondering if this has something to do with it?

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
How is your body control module. They all work together

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
I'd trace the airbag wiring back somewhere, when it went off it might have shot that clip out.

·
Super Moderator
10,614 Posts
I don't think the airbag modules does, but the BCM may because of the security system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, here is what happened, I sent the airbag module in to have it reset twice and it came back still having the 15 error codes, so I purchased a new one from chrysler and my code reader cannot talk to it, put the old one back in and now I can talk to it but has the 15 codes from the crash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts