Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 3" lift and am wondering how big, tire wise, I can go? The lift literature says 31" but I have heard rumblings of other guys stuffing in 32's. Anyone have an idea??? Keep in mind I haven't done any fender trimming and the tires will go on rough country black steel wheels 15 x 8 w/ 3.75 offset....Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
with major trimming you can fit 33s on stock suspension ... im sure you can fit 32s on 3 inch with MINOR fender trimming

·
Premium Member
11,622 Posts
Cut. I run 32's with 4.5" and it's close. I haven't modified the fenders.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
FYI, I have a 3 inch RC lift and run 30's and they rub when I have the sway arm disconnects off. I just trimmed the corners on the fenders but haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'm already looking to go higher to eliminate that. Everybody stares like your Jeep is a POS when that happens.

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
FYI, I have a 3 inch RC lift and run 30's and they rub when I have the sway arm disconnects off. I just trimmed the corners on the fenders but haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'm already looking to go higher to eliminate that. Everybody stares like your Jeep is a POS when that happens.
are you sure thats not your backspacing and rubbing on lcas?

oh and just thought id throw it out there ... you can fit 35s on stock too

you just need to cut most of your fenders and use a b.f.h. on the fender wells

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
are you sure thats not your backspacing and rubbing on lcas?

oh and just thought id throw it out there ... you can fit 35s on stock too

you just need to cut most of your fenders and use a b.f.h. on the fender wells
Yes, I got the correct backspacing. I never updated the bump stops which is what I'm thinking the problems is. I can see where it hits the bumber ends when the wheels turn. No hits on the lca's at all. Time to go higher! haha! :rofl:

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts
I ran a 3" BDS lift and 32" for awhile. Will have to trim and bump stop accordingly

Since then I have added a spacer and shackle and will be going to 33"s

1 - 17 of 17 Posts