Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to put a 3" rough country lift on my jeep i am gonna buy the standard kit with just add a leafs for now is there anything else that i must have

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm planning on doing a hack n tap and getting a new rear brake line, is the trac bar a must or can i what till after lifting to see if i need one and is i common to need a new trac bar with only 3"s of lift

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
I'll throw in that you may not want to do AAL"s if your current leaf packs are in poor, sagging shape because you may not get the desired results from them.

The trackbar isn't a must because you can redrill the hole and just shift it, but you'd be better off just going with an adjustable to really dial it in right the first time.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I'll throw in that you may not want to do AAL"s if your current leaf packs are in poor, sagging shape because you may not get the desired results from them.

The trackbar isn't a must because you can redrill the hole and just shift it, but you'd be better off just going with an adjustable to really dial it in right the first time.
I must agree, if your packs are worn at all your AAL will be sagging in a short period of time.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
I have ran two 4.5" Rough Country lifts.
The first time around I did the AAL kit and upgraded months later to full leafs because it didnt take much to start sagging a lot.
I dont think you will need a new rear brake line. I didnt either of the times. Not saying its a bad idea but I dont think you NEED it.
As far as quick discos, you really dont need them unless you are going to wheel the jeep.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
ok whats this hack and tap i keep hearing about? i have about 3" and im sure i need to move my track bar over one inch. i wheel my jeep and i can tell im at my limit on the rear brakelines, if i flex too far i will be in deep crap so get those. i didnt realize till today when i was putting on my replacement muffler that those lines are way tooooo short back there.
i still dont really get how the quick disconnects work???

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
oh i had to do a 1" transfercase drop, alsothe exhaust right before my cat is rattling on my crossmember at the hanger and sounds like a drive train noise so you may need to adjust that somehow too

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
It seems everyone goes "____" inches then they go more later.

If you get the 4.5" RC lift with AAL it has everything you need. You can get the full leaf replacement later, and you have a 6.5" rear lift. For less than $50 you can lift the front with 2" spacers and have 6.5" in the front.

I'm not saying to lift it that high, but you have the ability if your desires change.

Personally I think a 3" lift is just too low.

·
Wisconsin Wheeler
3,358 Posts
Personally I think a 3" lift is just too low.
depends on his wheeling though. i mean 3" would be a great simple height for a DD and even some of the trail stuff. xjstryker and a few others like true i think are running a 3 in. height.

the quick discos, 86cher, allow you to quickly release your front sway bar allowing a lot more flex up front while wheeling. then when done wheeling, hook them back up. its pretty simple, my quick discos from RC just have those hoop pins.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i thought about the add a leaf but i think i will just put a shackle on it if it starts to sag i'm just trying to do this on a budget then evently i will buy full packs for a 4.5" lift and put a spacer up front

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
i thought about the add a leaf but i think i will just put a shackle on it if it starts to sag i'm just trying to do this on a budget then evently i will buy full packs for a 4.5" lift and put a spacer up front
Alright, get us some pictures of the lift and let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
If you can afford it go with full leaf, if not do the AAL. Cost more and doubles the work (replacing the leafs twice) but I understand about the budget. If AAL had not of been an option I may not have lifted it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts