Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to put some wider rims on my 94 grand Cherokee that I recently did a 3" lift on and put some nexen mt 31's on and was wondering if it was a bad idea to go that wide without bead lock? I came across a good deal on some american racing 10" rims so...

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
IMHO, even 33-12.15X15's would probably be a push on 10" wheels...
:unsure:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Also looking at new tires. I have just done a 3" Rough Country lift with full rear leafs and shocks. Stock bump stops which I am looking at if I need to modify and a SYE if need be (minimal vibes after the lift). I would like to run 31"x10.5x15 AT tires. Currently I have stock aluminum rims on my 99 XJ 355 gearing. No fender trimming but wouldn't be a problem if needed. Any input on this set up? Also would Stock TJ rims and tires work? (255x75x17 with 4" of back spacing. A friend has a brand new set of take offs he wants to unload 5 wheels and tires for $400. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I would stay with 15's , tires are way cheaper. Yes TJ rims should work ,I'm pretty sure that is what Gluck is running

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have 31x10.50R15 Goodyear duratracs on 15x10 wheels one has a slow leak and has been as low as 10 psi and I haven't had any problems, I also am not climbing rocks or in and out of huge ruts and if the beads did ever break free it is highly unlikely a person would ever get them seated again with only air lines

ForumRunner_20160531_082619.jpg

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Starting fluid and matches will get ya back on bead but only in an emergency as this is very dangerous. I've done it a few times and was successful every time

·
Super Moderator
10,927 Posts
I'm running 265/75/16's on stock XJ rims. Along with cut out flares, I know people running 31's with out cutting. Just have to try it and see. Every Jeep is different.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
31x10.5" BFG w/2" BB. Cut out some plastic and a couple sharp edges.

Would still be some problems flexing as it is now, and need bump stops.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
THats got to be more than 2"....are you really sure? Im at 4" in the front and thats kinda what it looks like with my 31x10.50r15 tires on 3.75"BS 8"wide rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
I'm pretty sure that he's at 2" , I've seen both your rigs in person? and superman you definitely got a little bit more room between your wheel and fender.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Ok. I needed that third opinion lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts