Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been doing some research and wanted some oppinions i plan on running
31s with no lift, fenders trimmed, 2 inch bump stop exstentions, and have heard i could regain flex by making shock extenders to regain flex, i'm not really worried about alot of flex just enough to go through small ditches which i could do with stock suspension i mainly play in the mud any thoughts or pictures would really help

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You will have to trim the hell out of your fenders to clear those tires.

·
Registered
147 Posts
These are the only ones I have. Front swaybar was connected. I need to get wheels with more backspacing before I actually wheel with it. I got a screaming deal on the tires so I made them fit. It doesnt see much dirt as of now so its not a big deal.

I do plan on lifting it as well so this is just temporary.

10.50's would be a much better choice with stock wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have an idea on how i could move my rear shock mounts up with out cutting the bracket and rewelding it? also i was think of useing some 2-3 inch lift shocks to get alot of down travel will this work or is it just to much?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found a real good deal on some 33s mykal did you extend you bumpstomps and how much? do you have to trim the front fenders so far and what all did you do to make them fit

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did not extend my bumpstops at all. There are NONE in the rear at all.
I removed the rear trac bar.
I cut alot more then I needed to in the front.
I cut to the pinch seam and folded in the rear.
I beat the sharp edges away in the rear.

Be prepared to rub with a setup like mine. 10.50s would be alot better then the 12.50s I went with if you are staying with stock wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts