Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide what size tires to get... 32'' or 31''

my dad wants me to get the 31'' but i think i would enjoy the 32'' more.

what are your opions?

what size lift would each need for no cutting required.

thanks

·
muddin moderator
4,045 Posts
3 inches for the 31s and you wont notice them as much as you would the 32s .... 32s are nice but u actually only recieve an extra half inch of clearance .... if you wanna go big go big and get 33s with a 4.5 inch lift

·
Web Wheeler
2,573 Posts
I'd just stick with 31s, unless you plan on regearing but if you did I would just go 33s. 31s are already pushing the need to regear, let alone 32s. It's more of a personal preference though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ran 31's and liked them. IMO, a regear is beneficial, even with 31's.

When it was time for new tires, I went to 32's and I think they look tons better. It's not just the additional height, but the width looks more substantial. I did have to increase my lift about 2" more, but I like the look better.

33's would have been good, but I wasn't ready to start cutting my fenders yet. 32's fit with very minimal trimming on my front bumper end caps.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Most 31's measure 30-30.5 and I have seen new 32's that aren't even 31's. It is the width that comes into play. If you are running stock backspacing a 10.5 is easier to live with.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
I ran 31's and liked them. IMO, a regear is beneficial, even with 31's.

When it was time for new tires, I went to 32's and I think they look tons better. It's not just the additional height, but the width looks more substantial. I did have to increase my lift about 2" more, but I like the look better.

33's would have been good, but I wasn't ready to start cutting my fenders yet. 32's fit with very minimal trimming on my front bumper end caps.
i agree with ya. I like 11.5" wide tires, which I run 31x11.5 LTB's and it looks alot better than 10.5" wide tires.

You can fit 31's with 3" lift but 32's are gonna require a bit more, maybe 4" if you don't want to cut. I run 31's with 4.5" lift on my 2001 and I had to bumpstop the jeep alot to keep the tires away from the fenders.

That's 4.5" with a true 31" tires, which are like most 32's out there that measure 31" or 31.5". I got 4" of added bumpstops front and rear. It may look like it won't rub but it's not the uptravel that's the problem, it's the turning durhing uptravel which causes the tires to hit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts