Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what do ya think about 35's on my heep. Dana LP 30 up front and chrysler 8.25 29 spline out back both 3:55's Do you think i would be happier with 33's and how doggy is the heep gonna be.

I also dont have money to regear so that isnt an option.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would go 35's but wouldn't go bigger than 35's unless you regear.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I fixed it I was thinking the anwswer but skipped a bunch of words when typing it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got 33's but if I had to do it over again I would buy 35's. And I also have 3.55's. Not to bad with the 33's, but it takes a while to get to speed.

·
Retired Moderator
7,287 Posts
For starters, I hate my 33's and 3.55 gears. The XJ has no pep, and forget about hilly interstates, you'll be in 3rd gear the entire time.

On the trails, it's too fast in 4Lo.

I personally, wouldn't do 35's until you regear your rig.

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Ok what do ya think about 35's on my heep. Dana LP 30 up front and chrysler 8.25 29 spline out back both 3:55's Do you think i would be happier with 33's and how doggy is the heep gonna be.

I also dont have money to regear so that isnt an option.
If I have to pick one, 33's for 3:55 gears, but you won't like it.

My old plans were to go to 33's after re-gearing, bushwhackers, and when the 32's wore out. New plans are to go with 35's (4:56 gears)

Isn't there an issue with lifting a LP D30? Doesn't the angle get back quickly?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my 32's on 3:55 wasnt bad at all.

WEll i will tell you all about my situation. My buddy has a pos 68 Chevy with brand new(like 2 years old but only like 10 pavement miles) wild spirit MT's he paid 700 for them. ANd i asked if he would sell them and he said no but the whole truck for 700. I am thinking about getting it parting out the motor etc. Possibly keeping the axles for my futue use. And scrapping the rest, i figured when i was done i probably would have like 250 to 300 into the tires.

But i was really leaning toward 33's anyway so i might try to trade the 35's for some 33's since people are always looking to upgrade. and i wanna run a locker in the rear so i think that might be a lil rough with 35's

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
How are the 32's on 3.55 gears?
lol I thought 32's with 3:55 were fine, different from stock certainlly but fine. Then I got the 4:56 put in and SHUZAAMMMM! It felt like stock but higher and the tires made noise!!! :bow:

4:56 so much better than the 3:55.

·
Registered
131 Posts
your tranny will hate you with 35s on 3.55s. i wanted to regear on 31s, and i hated driving with my 33s on stock gears.

·
Budget Master
1,145 Posts
when my brand new 31's ware out that came with the jeep im going to go to 33's or 35's depending if i have my axels switched out by then or not.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use to run around with 3.55s on 35s and forget about mileage and forget about doing anything quickly haha.. but as far as the tranny comment goes.. the AW-4 is literally a bulletproof transmission, back when i still had my 3.55s a friend of mine blew a head gasket in her '03 Ford F350 4wd.. the works.. i wouldnt say she had it loaded but it had a few beds and some other furniture in the back.. she ALMOST makes it home finally the poor ford cant take it anymore, wouldnt pull the hills but on flat it was fine.. she came to this section of I5 where it climbs up into Dunsmier.. Its a good 6 maybe 7 or 8 mile climb to the top..

Needless to say.. 35s, 3.55s, an AW-4 and one tough 4.0L towed that beezee to the top of that hill at 65mph.. couldn't touch the the tranny afterwords..... but thats beside the point.. 230,000 on the damn thing and it still flexes when you put it in drive

1 - 18 of 18 Posts