Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my 89 didn't come with the h.o 4l is it a easy swap? I'm just wondering about the wiring and computer stuff. If any one knows, it would be great info for me since my motor is almost shot. Thanks a million.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You will need the entire wiring harness, all sensors, all electronics. Be careful what year you get, because at some point Jeep decided to reverse the direction of the ohm output for the fuel gauge, so you will probably also need the instrument cluster and fuel pump and sender, and then renix speedo was a mechanical unit and the HOs' are electronic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noise in the bottom end and a bad head gasket. I can't get a h.o motor for $400. And wanted a little more power.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And it has a ton of crank case pressure. Its blowing oil through the pcv valve and soaking my air filter. Not really sure what's causing that, but I don't like it!

·
Registered
575 Posts
rebuild the one you have... or stroke it. alot of wires to swap out to make yours a ho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 91 XJ and just recently bought a 89 2 door( thats in better shape then my 91) can I just swap my 91 engine and transmission into the 89 2 door?? How much of a pita is it?? I've read a little about it but 1st time posting on here about a swap. Appreciate all yalls help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts