Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you replaced the injectors on the 4.0L HO?

I'm about to replace mine (if the gas mileage hasn't improved) and I was looking at these...

Precision Auto Injectors

They are rebuilt injectors, but they are 4 port and flow rate matched.

I'm open to any recommendations you may have for other companies that sell injectors.

·
Registered
872 Posts
IDK much about the HO 4.0s, I'm a Renny guy. Have you looked on NAXJA, they should have a lot of write ups about it over there. HTH!!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IDK much about the HO 4.0s, I'm a Renny guy. Have you looked on NAXJA, they should have a lot of write ups about it over there. HTH!!
Yeah I did, but the one I was reading was for a renix. I don't know how different the renix and the HO are. I've only ever "seen" touched felt my 4.0L.

We have some pretty sharp people here, I'm going to see what info I get before I expand my search.

Beside chances are good that if I post a question on NAXJA I'll get a couple of people directing me to the SEARCH function. lol

·
Registered
872 Posts
Beside chances are good that if I post a question on NAXJA I'll get a couple of people directing me to the SEARCH function. lol
No doubt, I rarely post there for that very reason!! I was just wondering if you had gone that route, and I agree, there are a lot of smart people here!! Good luck, laters!!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Its rather simple,just take your time. i had to put larger ones in for the turbo to work correctly. remove the throttle and cruse control cables off the bracket above the fuel rail,Pull off all the connectors, pop off the fuel line (they sell a special little tool for this, can be bought at NAPA for like 6 bucks)Remove the six or so bolts/nuts that hold the bracket and rail in place then get a large long screwdriver and GENTLY pry off the fuel rail.There are little clips that hold the injectors into the rail, pop them off with a flat head screwdriver. Make sure that you dont damage the O-rings putting the new ones on and that they go in straight. And reverse the process. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its rather simple,just take your time. i had to put larger ones in for the turbo to work correctly. remove the throttle and cruse control cables off the bracket above the fuel rail,Pull off all the connectors, pop off the fuel line (they sell a special little tool for this, can be bought at NAPA for like 6 bucks)Remove the six or so bolts/nuts that hold the bracket and rail in place then get a large long screwdriver and GENTLY pry off the fuel rail.There are little clips that hold the injectors into the rail, pop them off with a flat head screwdriver. Make sure that you dont damage the O-rings putting the new ones on and that they go in straight. And reverse the process. ;)
What do you think of the rebuilt ones? I like that they are matched to within 1% on their rate of flow. Price was $150+ shipped.

Or recommendation on where to get the injectors?

·
Short Bus Motorsports
1,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
any more power?
I read the 4 ports give a better spray so the fuel economy goes up, but no more power. To get more power you need more air passing through the intake. Air/Fuel mixture you know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts