Jeep Cherokee Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm looking for one of these. I figured I'd ask here first before searching the web.

97+ XJ

thanks Guys

·
Registered
290 Posts
You and me both! I saw a couple on eBay about a year ago and didn't think anything of it. Now I'm looking for one too...

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
From what I could tell the 4897505AG is the 4 hole but all of the bezels have been discontinued. If you see any around grab em while you can.

·
Premium Member
10,283 Posts
Guys, bezels are easy to make out of plastic or aluminum. It just takes a drill and a file. I turned my driving light single switch into a three switch bezel with said hand tools.

·
Marshmallow
3,780 Posts
$101 seriously? What's it made of, gasoline?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vehicle Car Electronics Technology Automotive exterior

Easy to make... Took me all of 45 minutes to cut out the dash piece and insert another piece of OBX after I cut the four squares for my switches...

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Wow, nice find Dan. :thumbsup: Yeah, a little pricey for sure, but if you want to keep the stock look you have to pay for it. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wow, nice find Dan. :thumbsup: Yeah, a little pricey for sure, but if you want to keep the stock look you have to pay for it. ;)
They've also got the Ext Idle switch too. I've been contemplating getting that since the winch got delivered today.

However, $150 doesn't seem too worth it...:blowup11:

·
Registered
174 Posts
94XJSport said:
Easy to make... Took me all of 45 minutes to cut out the dash piece and insert another piece of OBX after I cut the four squares for my switches...
96.5 and newer dont have the spot that you modified

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Nickd18 said:
What's the ext idle switch??

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
It was an option for police (and maybe other) Cherokees. It would jack up the idle RPM while on scene with lights and radios going to keep the battery up.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
bump lol

Anyone else been messing with this kinda thing recently?

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Yeah, Im all set on the bezel (just finished looking at GCT enterprises on shapeways actually). I want the switch lol. Does anyone know of a custom switch company that makes one?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm going wind up buying one of these myself. Just trying to figure out which way I want to go. Big investment the time you add the switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts