Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

784 Upgrade fuel injectors

63K views 192 replies 71 participants last post by  VerduTJ89 
Hello, I am thinking about doing this, (been researching like a madman), and am interested in getting a set of 784s. I have a 2001 just for the record I guess.

How much are you looking to get for a ready-to-go set of 6?
Im on a college budget here, hence my question.
Thank you,
XJSuperman

Just got mine last night. They look great to me, but I won't be able to install until the 23rd at least. It was quick and simple, thanks again.

Hoping to put mine in tommorow! Im pretty damn excited....

Got mine in last night. Awesome. Definitely runs much smoother, but obviously I haven't checked mileage yet, well see later I guess...
All lubed up and installed, completely cleaned, flushed, and wire brushed the spots where the injectors go in. I had a rusty port...all better now.

Mine are working great. Added 2.5 mpgs and it seems consistent. I have run a bunch of tanks with them now, including 2 700mile roadtrips, almost non-stop, all highway, and a few around town. Bumped up from barely 200 a tank to at least 230 a tank, many times it was more. When on the rodatrips, I only run down to having a 1/4 tank left. The trip used to read somewhere around 170miles, now it reads 195miles at the same spot.

Thanks again Programmbo.

PS, I may want another set here in a bit, I will let you know....

The later models need 784 injectors........NOT 703s. Those are for the early XJs.

No adapters needed, direct plug and play.

Every Jeep is different, but things run smoother, and idle nicer, and there are possibly mileage gains. Read this thread from the beginning, and you will learn weedhopper.

Yup, Im sure. You put in the wrong ones, that is why you had to use adapters (the ev1 to ev6 plugs)

Check my personal build thread, or this one, with my posts.

Disconnect the battery and touch the cables to metal for 30 seconds or so. I think thats what you do. You can google it too.

Also, 703s are what you should be running, unless you have the ev6 plugs if I remember right.

^ Post #103 by RadRockclimber

Any one know if the 784 will help aviod the CEL misfire/overheated injectors? I got this a while back. I read online this happens when the engine is very hot it overheats injectors and they act up?
I just saw your question had not been replied to....short answer: no, they do not fix this. And the problem is caused by the fuel in the fuel rail vaporizing, causing a miss, mostly in cyl number 3.

There is experimentation with heat shields and stuff, but thats up to you to play with. It works and it doesn't is what I have heard.

Apparently there was a service bulletin out for this problem at one point....so I have heard.

Mine has a layer of silver insulation between the fuel rail and the block...kinda reminds me of dynamat...but not.

He sometimes takes a week or two off. I bet he'll be back shortly if you sent him a message.

If he doesn't respond in here, feel free to PM him. Just in case, good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.