Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been looking into doing this upgrade on my 00 XJ. I was just curious is there any difference in the flow rate of the 784 injectors compared to the stock injectors? Is the 784 more, less, or the same as stock XJ injectors?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I've been looking into doing this upgrade on my 00 XJ. I was just curious is there any difference in the flow rate of the 784 injectors compared to the stock injectors? Is the 784 more, less, or the same as stock XJ injectors?
they are the same PSI as your old injectors. the only difference is the spray pattern/fuel diffusion. They make the fuel/air mix more easily ignitable.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
browningthing1116 said:
has anyone noticed a increase in MPG's after install?
I did 784s and a tune up last June. After tracking gas mileage since then I can say I have seen no better gas mileage. Avg 16.5 with a pretty huge 7 mpg min/max swing. Pretty sure I could use new o2 sensors though if I'm
Really looking for best MPG. image-2142228546.jpg

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Just buy them off eBay I msg him awhile back and got nothing so. I paid 60 Bucks for mine shipped

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I am selling sets of 6 4-port "upgrade" fuel injectors for '99+ XJs. Part number is 0 280 155 784. This is the most popular upgrade injector for a Jeep Cherokee 4.0. These are typically called the "Neon injectors" but they come from a wide range of Dodge/Chrysler cars and mini-vans.

The advantages of upgrading to these injectors is they use a 4-port fuel delivery as opposed to the single port of stock XJ injectors and this provides a more atomized fuel delivery which results in quicker starts, a smoother idle and better throttle response and acceleration.

I have completely disassembled, soaked, flushed and electronically tested these injectors. I have installed new micro-filters in the tops and put on new o-rings. I reuse the plastic pintle caps on the tips but clean then completely and make sure they have no cracks or chips.

I am asking $70 shipped per set. I can accept PayPal or a money order by mail. I am located in Maryland. If you have any questions about the upgrade or about injectors in general please do not hesitate to send me a PM. Although this is my first ad on this forum I have been selling them actively for years online.

Are you still selling?

181 - 193 of 193 Posts