Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
If possible a spray pattern similar to the neon injectors would probably be best. This is going to be a trial and error setup anyways. Thanks
I checked some higher flow injectors today and found that the Volvo 759's are probably the closest match to what you asked for. They are the same physical injector as the common 703 "Neon" ones except the are dark red and flow at about 31lbs/hour. Same 4-port spray pattern and will take your stock XJ injector plugs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
are they a aftermarket injector or made by chrysler? I am in Saskatchewan Canada I have a 99 XJ sport 4.0 . It has a code with number 2 injector misfire. Instead of putting a single stock one back in after reading a bit of your I would like to install those . The part # is that Chrysler jeepi guess is what I am asking thanks in advance

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
are they a aftermarket injector or made by chrysler? I am in Saskatchewan Canada I have a 99 XJ sport 4.0 . It has a code with number 2 injector misfire. Instead of putting a single stock one back in after reading a bit of your I would like to install those . The part # is that Chrysler jeepi guess is what I am asking thanks in advance
They are made by Bosch and are factory Dodge/Chrysler parts. Bosch number on one side and Chrysler number on the other so not after market. They all come from Dodge/Chrysler vehicles at the salvage yards and then I clean, test and rebuild them. I know some of the newer '99+ XJs had misfire issuses which come from "heat soak" problems with the middle injectors

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
I thought I would put this up here. I don't recall ever coming across any picture verification between EV1 and EV6. Sure, it seems as if that a few seconds of looking on Google will do the trick, but perhaps this will save someone a little bit of time.

Photos of the Ev1 to EV6 adapters are on page 3 of this thread...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
^ Post #103 by RadRockclimber

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any one know if the 784 will help aviod the CEL misfire/overheated injectors? I got this a while back. I read online this happens when the engine is very hot it overheats injectors and they act up?

·
Premium Member
1,648 Posts
Just wanted to post up that there is yet another happy customer. i just got 'em installed tonight and everything is in the relearning process. I would recommend the PCM memory wipe. I had an issue with it idling after about three or four minutes it would bog down and want to stall. After the battery disconnect and etc... everything smoothed out and it idles much better and is a bit punchier.

Thanks Programbo, and if anyone is having any doubts about the product: don't think twice about it. It is a quality refurbished set.

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Any one know if the 784 will help aviod the CEL misfire/overheated injectors? I got this a while back. I read online this happens when the engine is very hot it overheats injectors and they act up?
I just saw your question had not been replied to....short answer: no, they do not fix this. And the problem is caused by the fuel in the fuel rail vaporizing, causing a miss, mostly in cyl number 3.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the FYI. Is there anything that can be done to help with the issue? Insulating the fuel rail maybe?

I just saw your question had not been replied to....short answer: no, they do not fix this. And the problem is caused by the fuel in the fuel rail vaporizing, causing a miss, mostly in cyl number 3.

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
There is experimentation with heat shields and stuff, but thats up to you to play with. It works and it doesn't is what I have heard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was thinking of maybe wrapping the fuel rail with some pvc pipe insulation wrapped up in heat shield, it might reduce the exposure to excessive heat that creates vaporization. I'll have to look at it and see if it's doable. Would have been easier with the fuel rail off when I installed my injectors. :brickwall: Didn't realize this was the cause of cyl 3 misfire. Thanks again.

There is experimentation with heat shields and stuff, but thats up to you to play with. It works and it doesn't is what I have heard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What year neon does the 784's come out of? there is a couple in the JY I go to that I can grab them out of.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Thanks for the FYI. Is there anything that can be done to help with the issue? Insulating the fuel rail maybe?
I spend a lot of time in junkyards and I have come across a number of the 99+ XJs with a layer of this stuff either between the exhaust and intake manifolds or covering the intake manifold but below the fuel rail/injectors.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/13500-adhesive-backed-heat-barrier.html

I've also heard of people wrapping the exhaust manifold or injectors in insulation

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Apparently there was a service bulletin out for this problem at one point....so I have heard.

Mine has a layer of silver insulation between the fuel rail and the block...kinda reminds me of dynamat...but not.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts