Jeep Cherokee Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with all the talk with the brother about the comanche he has decided to get back into jeeps. I had seen a well used Cj8 not far from my place and I finaly saw someone home yesterday.
stoed and talked to the guy as he was shoveling snow off his roof. bought a 82 for 50 bucks. It needs a lot of work but hay for 50 bucks I think it was worth it. it will take some time for it to be dug out of the snow. as its coverd.
I will take pics when we go get it. it could be a few weeks.
I could only get at the passenger door as there is that much snow on it.
the owner told me his son has a bunch of cj stuff a 304 and a 360 aswell in a few of them. I am off to find him today. I might be able to get a good working jeep v8 for the peyote prodject.

·
Premium Member
11,624 Posts
Pictures Pictures Pictures. :)

Looks like someone's a jeep-a-holic.
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'll give you a 100 right now!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll give you a 100 right now!
hahahhahaaa yeah right.....

I will go dig some snow off it and snap a few shoots of it.. the brother said yes he wants it so I am on my way to give the owner his 50 bucks my brother gave to for it..... My brother said wow its hard to do but sometimes 50 bucks is well worth it..hahhaaaa... it needs work but hay it runs and what do ya want for 50 bucks....

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
here ya go I just took some snow off the hood and around the side so I could open the door. the floor is gone but the inside is great ( ya can see the dash) I could not belive it whn I opened the door. the inside is so nice...... all the white in the pics is frost because it has been so cold a night and so warm here in the day. -29 at night but -4 in the day WOW Heat wave. lol
I did not even see a rip in the seats. the motor runs but the PO said it leaks from the rear seal..Its a 151 4 banger, three speed trans. I think I should have bought it after I realy looked it over but hay I cant buy them all and he wants to get back in to jeeping so why not. I cant wait to do a buils page for him on this..

it has a tow bar on the front.

its all their

it is so clean inside. the original shift nob is on the dash

love all the tags that are in great shape

seats

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hard to say My brother is not in to alot of power like a v8 or anything. if this is not going to work he will look for an old 258 and put that in it... he already found a few web sites for parts. If anyone knows of good web sites for cj stuff post it here so I can send it to him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts